zack#IM

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My current Iphone Information
Version: 3.0.1 (7A400)
Model: MC131X
Modem Firmware: 04.26.08

I am having battery problems with my iphone. My iphone can be charge to 100% and suddenly the phone dies out and says that 0% battery. When i do actually get to use the phone, the battery runs out VERY FAST and even charge up very fast.

Question
1. Should I replace my battery?
2. Should I upgrade my iPhone?

My sister actually accidentally upgrade her iphone to 3.1.3 and now the iphone is a paper weight. When we switch the phone on, you can either make emergency call. The pic is Itunes with a cable logo. Nothing else.

Question
1. If i do upgrade my iphone, how can just upgrade it to 3.1.2 and not 3.1.3?
2. How to unlock my sister's iphone?

Will the new crack from Blacksn0w RC2 do the trick?

Thanks everyone....

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ok, here we go -

1) You can't replace the battery officially through iTunes with a jailbroken iPhone. You'd have to restore it to 3.1.3 stock anyway. And if you don't have the official carrier SIM Card card to activate it, you can't use it.

2) Same story as above. They won't replace the iPhone if it's jailbroken. You have to restore to stock 3.1.3 through iTunes.

3) You CAN upgrade to 3.1.3 with sn0wbreeze for Windows, or PwnageTool for Mac IF your iPhone never had a tethered jailbreak. If you had a tethered jailbreak, then you can't upgrade. To answer your question with more specifics, NO, you can't just upgrade to 3.1.2. It would have to be 3.1.3. If you upgrade using the methods I described above, it preserves your baseband of 04.26, and you can use ultrasn0w to unlock. That's EXACTLY what I am doing right now.

4) As far as your sisters phone. She's screwed - for now. 3.2 is going to be released ANY DAY now, and when it is, the hackers ALREADY have a jailbreak and unlock ready for it. So just have patience, all will be well in the force again. :)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Also, I noticed that you have an "MC" model.

Just to be sure, head over to ih8sn0w.com and download their application called "f0recast". It will tell you absolutely if your iPhone can be jailbroken.

zack#IM

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi LVCIFER

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate all the advice. I will try and look into sn0wbreeze and get back to you on this.

Both our iPhone are the same model. 3GS with the same spec.

Since the battery is a problem for me now, i was thinking of purchasing a battery from directfix and replace the battery myself. I don't have warranty for my iphone. Do you think this is a wise idea?

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Since the battery is a problem for me now, i was thinking of purchasing a battery from directfix and replace the battery myself. I don't have warranty for my iphone. Do you think this is a wise idea?

Yeah i agree with LVC, dont take the risk if you don't know how to do it. You could take it to your Local Phone Repair, etc they can do it for u less then an hour within certian price they have.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR