Managed to lock phone to different carrier?
I have a 3GS 32GB, 313/5.12. It was locked to Fido in Canada. I did not have it jailbroken or unlocked (no need), and everything was fancy and dandy, placing and recieving calls, texts came through all the good stuff.
A few nights ago I decided that since I had my blobs of 3.1.2 backed up that I should downgrade and JB, and since the phone was obviously locked to fido and I am a fido customer, i have no need for an unlock.
1. Restore, 1015, Restore, 1015, Blackra1n -> No Cell Signal?
2. Read/research -> Common answer, do it all over again.
3. Repeat step 1, about 5 times.
4. More research -> uncommon answer, use custom 312 firmware
5. Download custom firmware, no dice, still no signal
6. More research -> uncommon answer, restore to offical and try again
7. Success, restore fine, but now it says "SIM Card not valid" and itunes reports "Please insert a valid sim card".
Did I burn my SIM card some how? Since I was on 3.1.3/5.12, and placing calls just fine a few days ago, I know I wasn't unlocked before (there is no 5.12 unlock, I know), but now I am somehow?
Any way to fix this? I've tried to restore other firmwares, DFU mode restores, Recovery restores, nothing works, everything gives me a 1600 error. IREB doesn't support 3GS, and even when I try to use the 3G version, it doesn't give me the black/red screen to force FW upgrade without errors.