"Element" Officially Released on Cydia - Disappointment!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Have you gone into Settings and edited the calendar view to show more than 1 day/x # of events?

This project had always been experiencing difficulties, especially with obtaining developers and the like.

I THINK that with time, it will improve. There are a few things I'd like to change though...

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm enjoying element, but yes, after all this time, you would expect it to work better. I have a few problems with it displaying things properly, but I like it.

From what I've seen, LockInfo looks better, but you have to pay for that one, right? And you need winterboard?

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Well, the new update to Element causes my phone to lock up when Element is displayed. I'll turn off module by module and see what's the exact cause of it and then report the problem.

Edit: It's the email module that locks up Element for me.

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to see the calendar events closer together and in a smaller font.

I'd like to see the weather city in a smaller font so that large city names aren't cut off.

Like AME235's teehanlax lockinfo theme, I'd like to be able to tap on the weather and see a small sliding bar with my 5 day forecast.

I'd like to be able to tap on the date, and have a small calendar drop down where I can preview the whole month.

I'd like to have a mail preview that you could tap on and it brings you to only that mail, instead of just the mailbox.

There are a lot of things, those are just a few. But above all else, I'd like them to fix the horribly large SPACING issues in between lines. It grates on my nerves....

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Customization? Agreed. But I never got the impression that this was going to be a customizible "skinning" app. I always got the impression that the developers knew exactly what they had in mind, and that's how they were going to create it.

Frankly, as long as they make it a bit prettier, and as long as it functions properly, I'm still a supporter.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i do have to admit, when screenshots of this first came out i was very impressed
but now after seeing it first hand, not that great...yet

i'm keeping it on my phone so i can get the necessary upgrades/updates, and by all rights there should be more coming. hopefully soon

i will have no problem paying for this once it's up to par

nzewok

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
Having played around a little bit with the Element.Cydget files you can actually make this useable. There are a lot of simple mistakes in the code (alot of missing {}, especially with regards to if statements). I've updated mine and fixed the missing {}. It now only displays headers if something exists to show (i..e there are missed calls). Also only un read SMS are shown and only missed calls which haven't been 'read' are shown (code uses the badge number to determine whether to hide section or not - by the way the code existed already just missing appropriate syntax to work).

Looks indeed like a rush job and something that's only half ready. Given with Cycript you can access system APIs etc It shouldn't be that difficult to add preview functionality - also to add any data that exists within iphone. For facebook it simply reads data from Plist.notifications. Once you understand how each application stores data you should be able to access it. Mail for example uses a simple Sqlite3 query to get data ("select * from messages where read='0' and delete='0' order by ROWID desc". Which would make it easy to add options to settings for which mailboxes to display.

I'll post a screen shot later

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Dude, you're my hero. :|

I'm not being sarcastic. Anyone who can manipulate code is impressive to me.

Now, have you figured out how to close the excessive spacing / line break gaps that make this thing so unappealing? OR, how to fix the spacing in the weather section to fit longer city names?

It seems the main developer ("limneos") is currently pretty busy with the release and troubleshooting of his other app, "SbRotator".

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711