Blackra1n, Why can't I turn my phone off?

dtole

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 32gig 3GS, I jailbroke using Blackra1n, and if I turn the phone off, I have to rejailbreak...

Is there something I did??? My son's 3G can turn off and on with the jailbreak, no problem

HELP

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
To add to that, also be patient, there will be a jailbreak for the new 3GS' that is untethered, it's just not available yet, and we don't know when it will be....but, it WILL be available at some point.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G, that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

Let me know how that goes.

hellhammer

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
My brother jailbreaked his iphone 3.1.2 and he whant to turn off his IPhone but want to skip the blackra1n agen what do he need to add to his iphone to not need blackra1n evry time when turn off IPHONE ?

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
My brother jailbreaked his iphone 3.1.2 and he whant to turn off his IPhone but want to skip the blackra1n agen what do he need to add to his iphone to not need blackra1n evry time when turn off IPHONE ?

Nothing. Because there is nothing to do about. For now his iPhone will be tethered.

lordzod01

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
@ hellhammer

try turning the phone off in sbsettings. The phones still on but the actual abillity to make or recieve is disabled. Excellent for battery life aswell at night. You can still use wifi unless you knock that off aswell.

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
@ hellhammer

try turning the phone off in sbsettings. The phones still on but the actual abillity to make or recieve is disabled. Excellent for battery life aswell at night. You can still use wifi unless you knock that off aswell.

What he means is toggle the Phone to the off position. Not select Power and then off. ;) Just making sure you don't misunderstand.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods