Spirit Untethered Jailbreak for 3.1.3

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I just recently migrated from a Palm Pre to an iPhone, so please excuse any n00bness on my part for this insight into a possible iPhone 3.1.3 jailbreak

Someone is claiming that they have a jailbreak for iPhone 3.1.3 codenamed spirit that was discovered at the most recent Pwn2Own contest. Of course no ETA about this has been released but the website was pretty confident that when iphone 3.2 is released so will this jailbreak. I can't post url yet but any google search can confirm what I am saying. The website i personally saw this @ was redmondpie dot com

I searched several times on the forums for something called "spirit". For any unlocks code-named "spirit". And for any forum posts that had the words "Christmas, school,etc." spirit next to them so that I wouldn't be duplicating any previous insight.

I can't claim at all whether or not this is legitimate, but as being an iPhone user with 3.1.3 AND the dreaded bootloader of 5.12.01 this is indeed great news since i want off at&t as soon as possible.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
There is no current jailbreak or unlock using the exploit shown in the Pwn2Own event. The exploit there was a proof of concept to run unsigned code by exploiting Safari. So, while this is proof that it CAN be done, there's nobody that has packaged up something yet to be able to do it for the current firmware version. Also, while it's a JAILBREAK it's not an UNLOCK, those are 2 separate types of vulnerabilities.

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I keep googling to see if there is any utility or potential jailbreak that might coincide with the ipad launch and this is the only one that keeps popping up.

I mean it works on 3.1.3, right? I understand it has not been released, and there is much speculation but the very fact that it is working is at least something of a start

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I keep googling to see if there is any utility or potential jailbreak that might coincide with the ipad launch and this is the only one that keeps popping up.

I mean it works on 3.1.3, right? I understand it has not been released, and there is much speculation but the very fact that it is working is at least something of a start

That's what stated on the tweet by the chronicdevteam.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2