Use "any" MONO, bluetooth headset, for all audio! Not just phone calls!

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I have 3 MONO bluetooth headsets from before I bought my iPhone, (1) Jawbone 2 (2) Motorola H-3 (cheap from ebay) & (3) a BH-901 No-name chinese knock-off. (even cheaper from ebay, LOL) I was able to pair them all to my iPhone but I hated them cause they would only work for phone calls & nothing else. So I looked things up on internet & asked at Bestbuy, everyone said you have to buy new AD2P or whatever it is to play music! I could not stand looking at these 3 older, regular but still in great condition headsets that supposedly could pair with my iPhone but only good for phonecalls & nothimg else. They all played every sound, music, videos & everything just fine when paired to my old Nokia. So I tried changing setting's in my iPhone for week's, NADA! I searched for an app that may help, in the Appstore, NADA! I searched in installous, NADA! In Cydia I downloaded "Bluetooth Mono SBSettings Toggle" BAM!!!!!!!! After that, now all 3 of my bluetooth MONO headsets (that mysteriously could not play music or video audio when paired to my iPhone) work perfectly, every sound, iPod player, voice nav, powertunes satellite radio, every video from aTube, to Youtube, to MXtube & all videos! Every single sound, chirps, locks, camera shutter, message alerts, EVERYTHING! THANK_YOU CYDIA!!!!!!! Your the Best, I can now use all my old MONO bluetooth headsets for everything! AWESOME! Before> :confused: when I first heard every sound through all my bluetooth headsets that were useless for everything except phone calls. Then it hit me, :eek:. Now>:cool: It's cool, LOL! The funniest thing is my $12.00 dollar chinese import no-name bluetooth,(BH-901) sounds just as good as my $120.00 Aliph Jawbone 2, with noise assasin, ya, "ASSASIN," say that 10 times fast. :p

Search> "Bluetooth Mono SBSettings Toggle" in CYDIA! Be prepared to be AMAZED! So cool, i've read about the toggles for awhile now & I cannot beleive I waited so long to get it! I was amazed at the single tap on statusbar clock to go to top of page, when I first saw it, then I was amazed at the double tap function I received with iLocalis, that has a screen popup for iLocalis info. Now a third option for my status bar, I swipe it from left to right & the toggle drops down, "with a S$%TLOAD" of option's, so friggen awesome. For those of you that knew about this, sorry to waste ur time but I thought I seen everything with my Jailbreak & was getting a little bored but this toggle will have me psyched for atleast another 24 yo 48 hrs., LOL! So I suspect there are other's who do not know about this, gotta have app, Apple told me "I have to buy one of their approved bluetooth headset's to use it with my iPhone for everything else, besides phonecalls" Bestbuy told me "I have to buy one of their approved bluetooth headset's to use it with my iPhone for everything else, besides phonecalls" F-YOU, you greedy corporate bastard's, don't listen to them! If you have a iPhone 3GS, like I do, you can use any MONO bluetooth headset! For "EVERY SOUND" YOUR iPhone makes, not just for phone calls. You hear everything just like you would through iPhone's speaker or wired headset! On any "MONO" bluetooth headset, PEACE!

Last edited:

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
You know, they have these crazy things called "Periods" now..

There's 2 in the above sentence.. and 2 right there!

Please use them next time, along with some paragraph structure. This wall of text is impossible to read without my eyes bleeding :(

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
You know, they have these crazy things called "Periods" now..

Are you on your's?

There's 2 in the above sentence.. and 2 right there!

"another mans trash is another mans treasure" posted quote by wiltron.

There is two apostrohes missing here, WTF?

Please use them next time, along with some paragraph structure. This wall of text is impossible to read without my eyes bleeding :(

You forgot the period after bleeding, I was not aware perfect punctuation was required to post! Let me check your post's to see what your punctuation is like, sound good? :mad:

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Just so you know, the harassing messages you sent to my inbox, have been reported to an administrator of the website.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Just so you know, the harassing messages you sent to my inbox, have been reported to an administrator of the website.

next time offer a suggestion to the topic! Clean up your grammar & punctuation before you complain about mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
OK, this is flat out ridiculous here guys. Knock off the arguing over petty stuff. And no more private messages...

If my friendly advice is not followed further action will be taken.

Thanks.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
nillam1 I could kiss you!!!! (But I won't) I have wanted this feature forever. I tried this with my Jawbone 2 and it is working.

By the way I've got to agree Wiltron, the original post was hard to read. But great great great find! I can finally lay my white headphones to rest.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
nillam1 I could kiss you!!!! (But I won't) I have wanted this feature forever. I tried this with my Jawbone 2 and it is working.

By the way I've got to agree Wiltron, the original post was hard to read. But great great great find! I can finally lay my white headphones to rest.

Ha-ha, I will admit I went crazy with the punctuation. It is because I was so excited about finally being able to use my bluetooth headset's like I did with my old Nokia. My pleasure hermdog, I do not mind if somebody hates me & loves me at the same time (LOL) but when they just spew hate, then I have a problem with it. Everyone is guilty of fudging their grammar & punctuation when online, despite what they are more than likely capable of producing if they just take the extra second. I cannot stand it when someone call's you on your grammar, only to see that their's is just as bad in previous post's they've made in past thread's. If one more person complain's about my punctuation at the beginning of this thread, then I will edit.

:p

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Peace out & enjoy your previously useless bluetooth headset's, I was also getting so sick of the wire's on my white Apple headphone's as well.

zarquon

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I'd also like to thank the OP for this find; I don't think I'd use it for music, but I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks, and it's GREAT for that. Also for playing a quick game (with sound) in public without dragging out the wired headset...

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd also like to thank the OP for this find; I don't think I'd use it for music, but I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks, and it's GREAT for that. Also for playing a quick game (with sound) in public without dragging out the wired headset...

Anytime dude, yes the music does not sound the greatest but their convenience make's up for the lesser quality for myself anyway. Ya, I use it mostly for Howard Stern (Sirius radio via the pocketunes app) & Police scanner (5-0 radio Pro, police scanner app.) I leave my iPhone in my living room & my bluetooth stay's connected in every room of the house. I used to be tied up in the wired headphones constantly because I like to run the wire's down under my shirt & out. Now I am not only free from worrying about the damn headphone wire's, I am free from having my iPhone glued to my hip as well! I still use the wired headphone's for high quality sound sometimes when listening to music but more often than not, my bluetooth mono headset's are suffice.

jukie

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!

I use the $5 Bluetooth I bought from Woot. Works great!! Thanks for the tip. I was completely stumped on how to do this.

Duff8402

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the developer of this tweak no longer has an iPhone and is unable to update it to support iOS 5.x
He has updated the info on his tweak in Cydia to reflect a donation site for users thankful of his tweak to donate to his "get me a new iPhone fund" if anyone is interested in helping him get the tweak working again.

Until then...Anyone have any other solutions?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the developer of this tweak no longer has an iPhone and is unable to update it to support iOS 5.x
He has updated the info on his tweak in Cydia to reflect a donation site for users thankful of his tweak to donate to his "get me a new iPhone fund" if anyone is interested in helping him get the tweak working again.

Until then...Anyone have any other solutions?

You mean to tell me this, raving, no punctuation using fool, isn't even on iOS 5???
Also
Why did he keep capitalizing MONO???

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner