Jailbroken 3.1.2 3GS needs to be restored

Adrenaline#IM

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
So I have a 3GS with 3.1.2 jailbroken, and lately it has been crashing numerous times a day and has been a lot slower than usual. Is there anyway I can do a restore without being forced to upgrade to 3.1.3? I tried doing the Shift + Restore option, choosing the 3.1.2 firmware I downloaded, but it gives an error message that I will edit into the post as soon I get home. Are there any suggestions?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You can't do a shift+restore as it still validates with the Apple Servers.

When did you jailbreak your 3GS? Did you choose the option in Cydia "Make My Life Easier"?

vbjr

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem here.
Got a 3GS with 3.1.2, JB with blackrain and it worked great.
Dummily enough I went to cydia and installed OpenSSH as well as iReboot (I think thats the name, just an app to reboot the phone).
Decided to restart it.
So usb/itunes screen came up, fired blackrain to make it boot and geohot's pic came up for a long time and nothing happened, then it rebooted by itself and went back into the usb/itunes screen.
Tried several times booting it through blackrain but same thing happends.

Tried restoring 3.1.2 from itunes but it doesnt let me, since it tries to verify it with apple, my SHSH on cydia are for 3.1.3 unfortunately.
Tried a custom 3.1.2 restore but it gets stuck on the preparing the iphone for restore screen, then it times out and throws an error.

I dont wanna let itunes upgrade it to 3.1.3.

Model: MC132
Baseband: 05.11.07
Bootloader: 6.4
Firmware: 3.1.2

Hope someone can help on this issue, I cant think of anything else :(
Had to put my sim back on a Windows mobile, but I am missing my iphone already :(

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Original poster, does your 3G have a tethered jailbreak?

If you're on Windows, you can use sn0wbreeze to create a custom 3.1.3 upgraded firmware. If you're on the Mac, you can use PwnageTool to do te same thing.

Let me know. I was IN your situation. And successfully upgraded to 3.1.3 using sn0wbreeze, BUT I have a 3G with the old bootrom (not tethered jailbreak).

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Vbjr, your pretty screwed, however, if you have EVER saved your SHSH hashes on Cydia while you were using 3.1.2, they they're still there. They don't get deleted. :)

all you have to do is edit your hosts file to have iTunes point to Saurik's servers, and restore to that 3.1.2 file.

I have never done this with a MC model 3G. Any input from people who ave is appreciated greatly.

Adrenaline#IM

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
My SHSH files are stored with Cydia, and what exactly is a tethered jailbreak? I simply used blackra1n to do my jailbreak. I've had my 3GS since launch.

vbjr

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Dear LVCIFER,

Sounds a bit formal doesnt it? hehe

I have the 3.1.3 SHSH on the cydia server, but it doesnt have the 3.1.2 :(

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ok, follow these directions/guided steps.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie

There are links at the bottom. One of those links is to download the official 3.1.3 firmware. If you download it, it may be a *.zip file. To avoide any problems, don't unzipped or extract. Simply rename it to a *.ipsw file instead of a *.zip file, and then direct sn0wbreeze to that file as your original firmware.

Also, you are on Windows, correct? Because if you're on a Mac, there is a different tool aloes PwnageTool. Sn0wbreeze is only for Windows.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, the fact that your on a tethered jailbreak limits things by a lot, unfortunately.

Especially since your only SHSH files are for 3.1.3.... that makes it almost impossible to downgrade/restore to a prior OS ("operating system").

I'm not sure what advice to give on this one, man. Sorry. :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2