iPhone full of other

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
my other section say it has 12g of stuff in it? i see the only way to fix it is to restore. now will my jailbreak go away? i restore right under the update button right? i just downloaded inav and installous is that what is causing this? my phones a 3gs 32g thanks

also i just powered down my phone and when i turned it back on it was back to normal but the other is slowly growing. what do you think that is?

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Installous is more than likely the answer. Unlike Cydia, it is filled with hacked/cracked and basically illegal software.

If you have to restore, read up on it first, cause just hitting the restore button will put you to 3.1.3.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Rock is the problem !!

I don't know why, but there is file called "rockapp_2010-3-15.log" in private/var/mobile/library/ryp/logs and it is probably the same size as your "Other" settings.
I found this out using WinSCP

Mine is doing the same thing "Other" is 12GB. Log file is 12GB. Not sure how to fix it. I deleted the file and then I open rock it said. It looks like you recently restored your phone would you like to restore from backup. I said No. But now Itunes says it can't sync with my iphone because it is full and wants to restore to previous backup.

UPDATE: OK, I shut down and restarted my phone. Boots up fine now. says 11.73GB free scape on the phone if I go to General and then about. But when I connect open i tunes now it says an iphone has previously synced with this computer. and my options are setup as a new iPhone or Restore from backup, but the last back was about 1 hour ago when I was having the "Other" space problems.

Last edited:

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
anyone have a link on the best way to restore im running 3.0.1 and would like to keep my jailbreak

I deleted the that rockapp log file I mentioned above and went ahead and restored to my last itunes backup as it was prompting me. My jailbreak is still intact. All apps were still running running fine. Didn't loose anything nor did I have to reinstall anything else.

Cydia had given me an error when I launched saying something about, cydia does not know what version it is, this can be caused by... can't remember exactly what it said, but it was something about var and sysbkup or something. Sorry can't remember the details. But I remembered I had also did a backup a couple days ago using aptbackup, so I went to that hit restore and about 5 minutes later, everything to normal as if nothing ever happened.

Cydia and Rock are fine, all jailbreak apps work great, regular apps work great, and I have my 12GB of free space back.

BTW, I have a 16GB 3GS with 3.1.2 jailbroken.

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same problem today. When i woke up this morning, my phone was unreponsive. I soft reset and things were working fine. When i hooked it up to my PC, i was getting the other thing going.

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
i just found this on the macrumors.com forum.....

Yesterday, my phone was suddenly filled to capacity out of nowhere. I was unable to take pictures and it would give me a warning every few minutes or so. In iTunes, it showed that I had about 5GB of "Other." If you are having this problem, CLICK HERE.

It turns out that it has something to do with a log file in Rock. It looks like you just need to delete that file, and disable Rock extensions. Hope this helps!

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
i got rid of rock and then i downloaded ifile found that ryp file and got rid of it. now no more 12g of other just 842mb of it so now i know what it is? thanks everyone on the forum