can't get phone to come on.

jennmurder

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
i'm using an iphone 3g. i restored the firmware in itunes bc it was accidentally updated.
i've used blackrain before. no problem.
i ran the program. no problem.
it reboots, i installed cydia and snow.
and it comes back on again but instead of connecting to wifi or unlocking anything at all it just says searching in the left corner and will eventually just turn off on its own.
after that only the apple logo comes on and then turns off.
i've gotten it back into recovery mode and redid each procedure but something is wrong. i don't get it. i've tried 3 times but now my fingers hurt.
i've been trying to get my phone back on since 12 yesterday.
any help?:(

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You said it was accidentally updated. If that update was to 3.1.3 that also updated the baseband and blacksn0w won't work, which is why you're not getting any service.

Blacksn0w won't work on the current baseband and there's no current way to unlock it or downgrade it. You currently have an iPhone minus the phone.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Damn, you beat me to it!

Yes, the simple version is this - blacksn0w was created/intended to work on a specific baseband. When you upgraded to 3.1.3, that internally updated the baseband. NOW - even though you DOWNgraded the OS ("operating system"), the baseband CANNOT be downgraded at the current time.

So long story short, you can't be unlocked on a different carrier.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
:( Well if this is the case I would advise to upgrade it to 3.1.3 sell it and buy another unlocked one. So what is the 3.1.3 baseband now?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What is so gay?

Apple doesn't approve of Jailbreaking, it is done at your own risk. If you JB you should know the caveats, the phone was updated so this was not something that happend without input, this is a user error there is no way around it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I say things are gay all the time, I understand that the situation is gay that you now can't JB or possibly use the phone I thought you meant the iPhone was gay misunderstanding. If you do decide to sell the iPhone let me know or PM me a link to the ebay or whatever I've been trying to get another 3G to play around with.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wow.

Just wow.

*shakes his head*

Just for the record, there's this wonderful ability that most people have, it's called literacy.

The more you read, the more you learn. Maybe this will teach you not to just go running into $hit blindly, without any information about the repurcussions.

Please do a search for the thread entitled "Accidentally Upgraded?!?!?!?" and read it thoroughly.

jennmurder

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
an accident...as in i didn't uprade it at all.
my friend was using my computer and clicked it for no reason.
i found that to be quite irrelevant. when the subject was getting my phone back on.

and yea i might just sell it bc it's pointless to keep otherwise.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Or you could simply wait for a few weeks and use the 3.2 jailbreak once it's released... then go with that unlock as well. Not useless.

Plus, it's always risky to buy refurbishes phones from the Internet. You don't know what the hell has happened to them previously.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77