Iphone Serial Number

StevenJ_AK

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, 1st post here, just jumped over to the Iphone (again, had them a while back in 07) from BB. I have been reading up on these forums a lot and im still just a little confused on my iphones serial Number.

I JB my iphone 3gs but was having issues. Basically after JB i had two completely random restarts of the phone, both times i was no where near a computer to re-tether and JB. That was MY iphone, a 16gb 3gS black. Serial number 83951, meaning i think it was year 2009 week 51, so it was the new bootrom.

Now heres the question, my wifes, white 16gb 3gS has a serial of 88001 but that makes no sense to me for some reason. Is this phone the OLD bootrom to where i could trade her phones, and then JB and i would be able to turn the phone off and it would have zero issues? unlike mine which had to be re tethered every time!

Any help greatly apreciated, thanks all.

Steve

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I believe from the serial numberthat hour wife's iPhone was manufactured in week 01 of 2010. But I could be wrong... Does that make sense to you? Is that approximately when you purchased it, or a little after?

If that's the case, you'll both have tethered jailbreaks. :(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Since your wife's SN is 88 and yours is 83 I would have to say I'm with LVCIFER on this and your wife's is probably newer. You could always just JB hers and see what happens when you reboot.