Downgrading 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 Ipod Touch

tadoow

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I first off want to say that I am aware of not asking about blackra1n and not being able to J/B at this time. I get that. But were my problem is I have tried to downgrade 3.1.3 back to 3.1.2. When I do I get an error messag that says something to the effect that the 3.1.2 restore is not recognized. Is it me or is apple full of S^!^T!!!

Now again I just wanted to know if the developers of blackra1n are working on a fix? If not how would I be abe to get back to 3.1.2?

jenneymac

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
1. Make sure you have Original iPod Touch 3.1.2 IPSW file. You can check in the below location
C:/ Users{your windows user name} / AppData / Roaming / Apple Computer / iTunes / iPod Software Updates

2. Make sure that your iPod Touch 3G is not connected to the PC/Mac

3. Power off your iPod Touch 3G

4. While holding the power button (for 10 seconds or so), connect your iPod Touch 3G to PC/Mac.

5. If you see the ?Connect to iTunes? message on your iPod touch then it means you are now in recovery mode.

6. Once in recovery mode, Click on iPod Touch Device on iTunes Sidebar and press Shift + Click on restore button will be prompted open firmware location. Point to the location where your firmware 3.1.2 is located and click OK.

tadoow

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info, but that is exactly what i did and still I am not able to do a thing. i spent about 2 hours trying to use snowbreeze and I am still stuck.

tadoow

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh by the way Jenneymack....with step #6 I did that and got a message that the firmware that i was using was not correct, but it is 3.1.2. It just won't take. Also i have a ipod touch 2nd gen 32gb, would that make a difference?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox