My 3.1.2 is frozen at startup screen. What are my options???

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Please help guys. I was trying to fix my wifes MMS by applying the MMS patch in Cydia, rebooted now its been stuck at the Apple logo screen for the last hour. WHat can I do now? Is it true that Apple stopped signing for any firmware lower than 3.1.3? So does this mean that Im screwed or am I able to restore and keep my 3.1.2? I need help ASAP because she is not going to be a happy camper! Argh!

BTW I do have my SHSH on file in Cydia if that helps me any. Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Please help guys. I was trying to fix my wifes MMS by applying the MMS patch in Cydia, rebooted now its been stuck at the Apple logo screen for the last hour. WHat can I do now? Is it true that Apple stopped signing for any firmware lower than 3.1.3? So does this mean that Im screwed or am I able to restore and keep my 3.1.2? I need help ASAP because she is not going to be a happy camper! Argh!

BTW I do have my SHSH on file in Cydia if that helps me any. Thanks

If your SHSH on Cydia is for 3.1.2 then you should be able to restore to 3.1.2. What you'll need to do is edit your hosts file so that the the apple server redirects to Cydia during the verification of the restore file.

OSX: Open the file /etc/hosts with a text editor.
Windows: open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts with notepad
Add the line: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Make sure there is no other reference to gs.apple.com

Now download 3.1.2 ISPW and restore to it from iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh