Cydia says I have SHSHs for OS 3.13?

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
On Cydia, at the top of the screen it says in green, "This device has SHSHs on file for OS: 3.13"

However, I am on 3.0.1 so shouldn't it say I have SHSHs for 3.0? Is mine glitched? BTW I think I stored my ECID about 2 days ago. Dunno if that helps.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
No, you cannot get the SHSHs for OLDER firmwares, only the one that Apple is currently signing.

You will never get your SHSH for 3.0.1, 3.1, or 3.1.2

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Raeki, instead of starting 12 threads on here, all of which essentially ask the same question, have you tried going to saurik.com to see what you can do with your SHSH?

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about it cuz they were sorta different topics (but related) some forums like them seperate.

BTW I did check saurik.com but wasn't sure exactly how it works

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
While difficult, the tutorial on saurik.com is extremely complete. It explains how to use its own servers to regain what you have stored there.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
While difficult, the tutorial on saurik.com is extremely complete. It explains how to use its own servers to regain what you have stored there.

Alli:

Thanks for this suggestion. While I don't currently need this, I'd like to understand it. I visited the site but was unable to find the tutorial.

I humbly and meekly ask, if you can spare the time, that you provide the link . . . (while tucking my tail between my legs and sulking away . . . ).

Thanks,

Keith

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Alli:

I read the tutorial - a good read. Much of it was somewhat over my head because, although I'm an EE, my computer programming background is virtually non-existent. I graduated many years ago before programming became such an integral part of that degree.

Anyway, my Cydia says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.2, 3.1.3".

So, I've really got the same question as the OP: I understand why there's an SHSH for 3.1.2 since that's what was on my phone when I did my JB and loaded Cydia. But I have not updated my firmware to 3.1.3 . . .

Thanks for your patience.

Keith

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Alli:

I read the tutorial - a good read. Much of it was somewhat over my head because, although I'm an EE, my computer programming background is virtually non-existent. I graduated many years ago before programming became such an integral part of that degree.

Anyway, my Cydia says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.2, 3.1.3".

So, I've really got the same question as the OP: I understand why there's an SHSH for 3.1.2 since that's what was on my phone when I did my JB and loaded Cydia. But I have not updated my firmware to 3.1.3 . . .

Thanks for your patience.

Keith

The Cydia servers grab the SHSHs for all firmwares that it can, which due to restrictions that Apple is enforcing, is only the latest firmware. You do NOT have to have the firmware installed to get the SHSH, instead a request only has to be made to an Apple Server with your 3GS' unique signature ( which got stored on Cydia when you tapped "Make My Life Easier" ) to Apple to retrieve that SHSH.

The Cydia servers make requests to the Apple servers when a new firmware is released so that you can always restore back to it.

If you got your 3GS today, with 3.1.2 on it, jailbroke it, and installed Cydia, it would only say that it had SHSH's for 3.1.3, b/c Apple is no longer signing older firmwares, and it cannot get the authentication for those firmwares even if you already have it installed on your device.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I think it's getting through my thick skull now.

At the risk of further revealing my ignorance (like that has ever stopped me before) . . . is there no way to hack an SHSH?

Keith

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone help me with my missing Mail and To-Do List apps? :(((

I've learned a ton since getting my iPhone on this site. I'm an OS guy, and I'd really like to understand as to how I might be able to get my Mail application back.

What happened was I deleted my MobileMe account online at me.com after the trial was up, as I didn't really have much use for it. With the subsequent sync, the entire Mail app on my iPhone disappeared. I didn't notice this until later, but my To-Do list has also vanished. :( Do I really have to restore the iPhone, and if so, can I somehow avoid having to upgrade to 3.1.3? I would do it in a New York minute if I could stay on 3.1.2. Mine says that I have SHSH's for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 as well, and I did click on "Make my life easier" when it initially asked me permission to do so.

EDIT: I just read through the entire page on saurik's site. Did I interpret this correctly that Apple nailed my Mail and To-Do notes on purpose? So as to force me to update my software to 3.1.3?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77