Internet Trouble with New Unlocked Iphone

Llako202

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I just had my friend unlock and jailbreak my iphone last nite for my tmobile service. everything is working but my internet....when i go to safari it tells me that i need a data plan to continue to use the internet...now for my tmobile account i already have unlimited internet usage for my regular TAP phone so would i need to get a data plan for this? When i called tmobile they were asking me what kind of phone i had so they could put me under the right data plan...obviously im not going to tell them the iphone...can someone please give me some insight to this????

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Off the top of my head the problem is it's still looking for a network using AT&T data settings. you have to modify the phone to tell it how to connect to tmobile's data network

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Of course you can tell T-Mobile that you're using an iPhone! They actually have an iPhone tech support division at T-Mobile.

You're not doing anything wrong, man. You don't need to be paranoid about using your iPhone on other carriers. Millions of people do it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73