Installing a 3.1.2 iPhone withutupdating firmware HELP!

TyK

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey, so last month my girlfriend bought an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone from an ebay user. When she installed it her software was updated to 3.1.3 with the new baseband. Basically this locked the iPhone down and made it useless. I think this is aclled "bricking" it?

Anyway she bought another iPhone and wants to avoid doing this again. Can someone tell me how to install it for her without turning it into a paper weight? Thanks in advance

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Her phone isn't bricked, she just has to have an AT&T SIM card in it, and it will work just fine. (For the original iPhone e got off eBay)

Regarding the newest iPhone that she got, what iPhone version is it (2G, 3G, or 3G) and what OS version # is it? (3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, etc).

Let's start with that and go from there.

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
The best way to avoid this is to buy a phone that is locked to the carrier she uses. That way there are no problems. Just pop in the sim card and you're good to go.

I had the same problem. I had a Fido phone but am on Rogers. Swapped phones with a Fido customer for their Rogers phone.