359.3.2 firmware 3.1.3

my apples a lemon

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi forums

Please help.

I have just bought a new iphone and want to jail break after spending a whole day reading about all the different options and unwantingly upgrading to the latest firmware I have given up and thought I would just come here and ask,

just a little bit about what happened:

my iphone shipped with firmware 3.1.2 and in order to find the bootrom version to see if i could get an untethered JB (as some earlier bootroms can apparently) I put my phone in DFU mode, only to find that i had the 359.3.2 bootrom AND then to only realise thatthere was no way i could get out of DFU mode without using ITUNES to reboot and thus upgrade my firmware (BASTARDS)

even though i had settled for the tethered JB with the 3.1.2, from what i have read it now seems that i cant even get that with the latest firmware that i have been forced to upgrade to now

so i have 3 questions:

1> is my phone in its current state Jailbreakable, and if yes how?

2> if its not is there a way to downgrade back to 3.1.2 so that i can get the tethered JB at least if yes how? ( i tried finding out but there was so much technical mumbo jumbo by this stage that i just lost the plot)

3> is it likely that there will ever be a gully functioning untethered JB available for my phone?

thanks a lot for your help people

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
1> is my phone in its current state Jailbreakable, and if yes how?

2> if its not is there a way to downgrade back to 3.1.2 so that i can get the tethered JB at least if yes how? ( i tried finding out but there was so much technical mumbo jumbo by this stage that i just lost the plot)

3> is it likely that there will ever be a gully functioning untethered JB available for my phone?

thanks a lot for your help people

1- no

2-Not unless you were already jailbroken. So no, you can't.

3- Supposedly Geohot has a way to untether it, but he's not releasing that until 4.0. There is discussion about a fresh 3.1.3 jailbreak but it would still be tethered for those with the new bootroms.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yup yup. If you wait a little bit, a new jailbreak/unlock is being worked on right now, so to avoid all of the problems, just wait a week or two. You have two very competent hackers working on this (musclenerd and geohot) so trust me, it will happen. :)

my apples a lemon

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
ah thanks guys good to know ill be able to do it soon...if its only a few weeks thats REALLY good!

3- Supposedly Geohot has a way to untether it, but he's not releasing that until 4.0. There is discussion about a fresh 3.1.3 jailbreak but it would still be tethered for those with the new bootroms.

oh ok does this mean that the new bootrom can NEVER be fully jailbroken (untethered)?

this might sound stupid but is there anyway to downgrade to an earlier bootrom?

Straitko

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so my phone was jb(3.1.2) froze & wouldn't reboot. Tried everthing, finally was FORCED to upgrade thru iTunes. I miss my jb!  any hope of getting it back?

Chypp

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I hope Geohot or anybody does something quick.

Ok so my phone was jb(3.1.2) froze & wouldn't reboot. Tried everthing, finally was FORCED to upgrade thru iTunes. I miss my jb!  any hope of getting it back?

Since that stupid upgrade my Iphone has been a vegetable on my desk and I'm waiting for a Jailbreak Unlock solution for 3.1.3. I really do hope it's not gonna take long. What worried me was that Geohot twitted 5 days ago that he has absolutely no intention of spending time on this just because some "dumb" people (a.k.a us) upgraded toi 3.1.3 without making sure there's a solution available.
I really hope he reconsiders.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2