Return Jailbroken iPhone to Apple?

dixonraj#WN

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone returned a iPhone to Apple that has been jailbroken? My iPhone has a error and says that the sim card is not installed or installed correctly when it is. When I put it in recovery mode to restore in iTunes it gives me error #23. Which is a hardware error. It is still under warranty but the boot screen still comes up and you can tell it has been jailbroken because it has the pineapple logo instead of the Apple. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this?

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
a faulty sim card can look like a hardware failure, try reseating the sim card, then get a replacement sim card from AT&T if the issue is still there you can try apple and the worse they will say is no.. But if they see the pineapple they will reject it

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
With respect, what a silly question! How on earth can anyone expect Apple to appreciate one of their products that has been jailbroken! :)

dixonraj#WN

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Earless Puppy for your reply! I did try my wife's sim card from her phone and had the same result. I am hoping to maybe use iPhone Explorer and find and change the boot screen. I do not know if this is possible or just wishful thinking.

No, John T. I do not expect Apple to accept my jailbroken iPhone. You missed the point of my post.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2