nismoasfuh

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone. i picked up an iPhone 2g a few days ago with the intention of using edge blocker and jailbreak it. i run everything and it seems to work fine, but my SIM wasn't detected. Yes, i have AT&T. i realize then that the phone was in firmware 3.1.3. i did some research realized that i cant use it in my situation, so i downgrade to 3.1.2.run everything again....to no avail... still says no sim, no service. is there anyway to fully restore the iphone? i believe that the iphones internal memory is still on the newest firmware even though i downloaded 3.1.2. or at least that's what i have been told....please help:(:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Actually, if you're jailbroken somehow, do some research about fuzzyband. You MAY be able to downgrade your baseband as well, which would then allow you to possibly unlock. However, you seem to be on AT&T, so I don't think that will matter.

You may need to get a new SIM card from AT&T.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
2G baseband doesn't upgrade any longer IIRC. Since he's on AT&T there's no need to unlock. I don't see what the problem is here. You should contact AT&T or try your sim in another phone.