Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default 3GS 3.1.3 MC-model: when will new jailbreak come out?

Hi, iphoners!

I bought my iphone 3GS just 2 days ago. It's my first I-product so I knew nothing about it. I heared from some people that it's possible to jailbreak etc. the iphone. So i tried and this is what happened:

I went for blackra1n and did everything like it should. I got the ra1n icon in my iphone, clicked it to start installing the program. it was busy for about 2 min and i thought something went wrong, so i swiched the phone off and switched it on again (I know, BIG mistake, but i knew nothing about it =C)...

The phone went crazy and i couldn't do anything (i pressed home-button, turn-off, a tick to screen...) so i decided to reset to 0 via Itunes.

After I got my phone back to life, I was "walking around" in Itunes and discovered the Update-botton (I wish I didn't). "OH, Update, cool. Can't do anything wrong"- I thought. So I pushed it... (Oh God, I wish I didn't, now I know what I did...)

Now I'm on 3.1.3 AND I have MC model... I searched for solution to jailbrake the phone again but it seems that the new jailbrake method is not out yet and ppl with mine situation must be patient and wait...

I do have fun with free apps but I'm really watching forward to jailbreak my phone. Approximately, how long do I have to wait ?

If someone of you guys has any idea or anything else that has to do with my problem, I would be glad to read it and stay "up to date". Big thanks for reply's!

(I'm sorry for my English)
    iPhone Intermediate

386 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,053 Global Posts

Sorry, doubt there will be a jb for 3.1.3.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Sorry, doubt there will be a jb for 3.1.3.
    There are Jailbrakes for 3.1.3 already.

BUT, not for MC Models.

I just got my iPod Touch and it is a MC model. So ill have to wait too.

Sooner or later someone will come out with a jailbrake for 3.1.3 MC Models.

Different Firmware and bootrom, someone will crack it some time.