Some Jailbreak Questions

Loc

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Alright, so right now I'm rocking a 2G iPod touch jailbroken at 3.1.2 with blackra1n. I haven't upgraded to 3.1.3, and I have some questions about doing so:
1. I know that you can't jailbreak 3.1.3 with blackra1n yet, but if in the future you can would all my stuff on my jailbroken iPod be saved? For example ROM save states, settings in jailbroken apps, and what not?
2. Is it possible to upgrade to 3.1.3 with pwnage tool with the jailbreak I am currently using?
3. If it is possible with pwnage tool, would that save my jailbroken stuff?
Thanks

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
No, your stuff wouldn't be saved.

- There are apps that will backup your jailbreak apps so that it will re-download them after a new jailbreak ( AptBackup is one )
- I'm not sure what if any apps will restore saved game states or things like that.

Reactions: Alli

Loc

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Alright, and if i use apt backup will it still work if i jailbreak this time with pwnage tool instead of blackra1n?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It should. Aptbackup isn't specific to the type of jailbreak tht you have, jst the stuff you download from Cydia once you've already jailbroken.

Just follow their instructions VERY clearly. You can screw up your phone if you don't bother to read their messages (in aptbackup)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73