Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

33 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,184 Global Posts

Exclamation Have question about cydia

Ok , so i bought my iphone 3GS yesterday , it came with 3.1.2 with a build date of the first week of december if that helps anything....

I then pluged in my iphone and jailbroke it , and left it on itunes, well came back to it updated to 3.1.3 with no jailbreak obveously ....

Anyways my question is when i was in cydia i chose the option for it to back up what ever was necessary for me to remain jailbroken if i accidentally upgraded.

So mainly my question is how do i access that information now ? and how do i use that to get back to 3.1.2 and rejailbroken

(forgive me if i am misunderstanding the option built into cydia... )
    iMore Genius

3,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,787 Global Posts

You have to re-jailbreak your device. There is no other way to access Cydia.
    iMore Elite

2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

You need to find a 3.1.2 firmware for your 3GS and download it. Then read the information here:

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

This will let you restore against 3.1.2 even though Apple isn't signing that firmware anymore.

Here is a similar post on how to do it:
    TUAW How To: Downgrading your 3.1.3 iPhone to 3.1.2

Note, if you had to unlock your device you will NOT be able to do that. Jailbreak yes, unlock NO.