Tethering and Slingbox

jdanzey

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I am new to this blog and a fairly new iphone user. I had a Samsung Blackjack II and could tether to my laptop and watch tv using the mobile slingbox app I downloaded.
I bought an iphone mostly because of the ease of getting on the internet. I am very disappointed that I can not tether or use my slingbox. I have tried several times to jailbreak or unlock my phone without success. I really don't know what I am doing or understand most of the lingo.
Could someone contact me to walk me through what I need to do to be able to tether and use my slingbox. Under settings I went to General and About. Under Version it says 3.1.3 (7E18)

Thanks. I appreciate any help.

John

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
if your slingbox is one of the models that is not supported by the app at all you're going to need to replace the slingbox to get it to work. I believe sling has an app update waiting on approval that will add viewing support over 3g. it currently works fine over wifi if your model is supported

I'm not sure 3.1.3 can be jailbroken yet to be able to tether. even if it can just be aware that tethering could result in your account being canceled. only AT&T knows for sure who they target or if they even do.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
if your slingbox is one of the models that is not supported by the app at all you're going to need to replace the slingbox to get it to work. I believe sling has an app update waiting on approval that will add viewing support over 3g. it currently works fine over wifi if your model is supported

I'm not sure 3.1.3 can be jailbroken yet to be able to tether. even if it can just be aware that tethering could result in your account being canceled. only AT&T knows for sure who they target or if they even do.
The Slingplayer with 3G enabled has been available for at least 15 minutes.

We now have MMS and Sling. The last big AT&T hold out is tethering.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73