My Battery is not holding up anyone have suggestions?

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys I have virtually turned off almost everything to save my battery, but it seems to be losing it's percentage and charge very fast for example I would take it off the charger from my car park my car walk into a store and it already loses 5% like that. Does anyone have any ideas on how to preserve the battery any better? I have a 3G 16 gb jailbroken and unlocked with blacksnow thanks

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
sbs settings
clippy
3G unrestrictor
Shrink
Winterboard
Iwiki
Facebook
text now
proswitcher
installous
amazon kindle
classics
yxflash
cycorder
qik video
my wi
free memory
voice control

I keep the wifi off i only turn it on for updates or something that requires wifi and i keep alot of other things off too these are all that I can think of now as far as apps anymore I will post them

kensai

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
That exact same problem happened to me a lot while I had my iphone 3gs jailbroken, some applications you have I used to have and sometimes they drain the battery too fast until you turn the phone off and on again. Some processes hang. I no longer have a jailbroken iphone since I changed mine with the warranty and got one of those new iphone3gs models that can't be jailbroken.

All in all, powering it off and on again.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It depends on what you're doing with Winterboard as well.

For example, whn I want to "show off" my phone, I turn on the movie backgrounds. (Like fire/flames, or 3D smoke movies as my wallpaper).

It EATS my battery like it's going out of style. 1% disappears every 2 minutes.

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
That exact same problem happened to me a lot while I had my iphone 3gs jailbroken, some applications you have I used to have and sometimes they drain the battery too fast until you turn the phone off and on again. Some processes hang. I no longer have a jailbroken iphone since I changed mine with the warranty and got one of those new iphone3gs models that can't be jailbroken.

there is no 3GS that can't be jailbroken. There is a TETHERED jailbreak which can be a pain for some. But you can still jailbreak...

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site

Will powering on & off (rebooting) help the battery like he says? I don't mind re-booting because it only takes 2 seconds to re-jailbreak & to make it rain. Will this save battery? Do processes hang, like stated above? Thanks!

Last edited:

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
there is no 3GS that can't be jailbroken. There is a TETHERED jailbreak which can be a pain for some. But you can still jailbreak...

Although it is my first Jailbreak, tethered has been very simple for me! I am assuming it is much better with untethered Jailbreak, right? This might hurt, but I can handle it, What am I missing out on with my tethered Jailbreak vs. untethered Jailbreak? Just curious. :confused:

Last edited:

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I changed the brightness and turned auto brightness off, but only makes a little difference anyone else have any other ideas?

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
no no...

a tethered jailbreak is REQUIRED with certain new iPod Touch 3G / or iPhone 3GS's.

If your battery runs down or if the system is rebooted, you have to rerun the jailbreak program to get the device up and running again. this is due to the new bootroms that apple is using.

You're not "missing out" on anything. It can just be an inconvenience at times for some people.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I changed the brightness and turned auto brightness off, but only makes a little difference anyone else have any other ideas?

I feel ur pain such an awesome phone with a terrible battery. WTF was apple thinking with the battery life BS. I think for now I will use my 100 foot extension chord when walking around my house & a 12 volt car battery in a backpack for wireless convenience!!!!!!! LMFAO, just kiddin.  is how I feel about this crappy battery!

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I feel ur pain such an awesome phone with a terrible battery. WTF was apple thinking with the battery life BS. I think for now I will use my 100 foot extension chord when walking around my house & a 12 volt car battery in a backpack for wireless convenience!!!!!!! LMFAO, just kiddin.  is how I feel about this crappy battery!

LOL I hear ya just trying to get the most out of my Iphone, but the battery sucks balls

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
no no...

a tethered jailbreak is REQUIRED with certain new iPod Touch 3G / or iPhone 3GS's.

If your battery runs down or if the system is rebooted, you have to rerun the jailbreak program to get the device up and running again. this is due to the new bootroms that apple is using.

You're not "missing out" on anything. It can just be an inconvenience at times for some people.

So does that mean untethered Jailbreaks don't have to rerun Jailbreak program after reboot or dead battery? That would be awesome, not big issue for me because I usually have access to a computer but I can see how it may become a problem! I always ASSUMED that our tethered Jailbreaks were limited more than just rerunning Jailbreak program after reboot. So I can do everything the same with my tethered Jailbreak as somebody with untethered Jailbreak? (besides straying to far from a computer, LOL)

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site

DOH! Damn emoticans never show up, here is what those 5 empty sqaures meant! LOL!
PIC1111111111-1.jpg

Last edited:

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
So does that mean untethered Jailbreaks don't have to rerun Jailbreak program after reboot or dead battery? That would be awesome, not big issue for me because I usually have access to a computer but I can see how it may become a problem! I always ASSUMED that our tethered Jailbreaks were limited more than just rerunning Jailbreak program after reboot. So I can do everything the same with my tethered Jailbreak as somebody with untethered Jailbreak? (besides straying to far from a computer, LOL)

lol. yep you can do everything :)

kensai

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Will powering on & off (rebooting) help the battery like he says? I don't mind re-booting because it only takes 2 seconds to re-jailbreak & to make it rain. Will this save battery? Do processes hang, like stated above? Thanks!

Of course, processes hang. Even on no jailbroken Iphones processes hang. It is a habit of my friends and I to reboot the iphone at least once a week. If it is not because of a process hang is because memory usage starts filling up more and more and it drains battery. In my non-jailbroken Iphone, I had the same problem a few days ago in a matter of an hour in standby it had drained 20% battery, I just rebooted and problem fixed.

To the others, yeah I know I can jailbreak, but tethered jailbreak is a pain.

Edit: Oh, advice winterboard is quite buggy, I have had all my iphone apps dissapear, but still be there using space, and when I resync they got copied again so there were two of each app, just one not visible and the other visible. It was weird.

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

you change how the phone fundamentally works when you jailbreak. then you install apps that can do exactly what they want, such as run in the background and use data and memory whenever they want

less battery is going to be a result

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR