Jailbroken, then it stalled, then cant restore, need someone clever

bodders17

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, i jailbroke my 3gs on 3.1.2 with blackra1n, that worked fine. Downloaded a couple of apps from cydia then on the third it stopped and im not quite sure what happened, it said reboot so i pressed it an my iphone turned off.

Then when i switch it back on it says connect to itunes. When i plug in its in recovery and needs restoring and updating to 3.1.3. BUT that file is 294 mb, i live in the country so get terrible internet, and theres no way in hell that file will evre download, im on my 5th atempt, i cant get past 50mb which took around 3 hours as itunes said network connection timed out.

So basically:

1) can i restore my iphone so i can use it without downloading the huge file?
2) why did it do this in the first place, i dont want the same problems if i jailbreak again?
3) I just want to turn the damn phone on so i can text my girlfriend! is it not going to work till i do this download?

thanks in advance for even looking at this

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
the stalling is your phone "breaking." jailbreak apps are not vetted and as such can do whatever they want as well or poorly as you can imagine. even jailbreaking can break your phone

you might search for *.ipa files. the installer may already be on your computer

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ember, why do you even come on these forums? All you do is tell people that 'jailbreaking breaks your phone', day in an day out.

I assure you, most of them know this. I just don't see the point. Half the time, you don't even bothe helping them, you just scare the crap out of them and ask them questions which you usually ignore their answers to anyway.

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER - DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEW FILE!

This is extremely simple.

When your iPhone reboots, turns off, or runs out of power, simply plug it back into your computer, and run blackra1n again.

It's called a "tethered jailbreak", you an search for it on these forums in more detail.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods