Jailbroken iphone ****ed

iphonenewbiee

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Managed to delite categories folder with cydia, blackra1n and all my jailapps...

I've unlocked my iphone sucessfully and used it for 3 weeks or so, I unlocked it with blackra1n and was using cydia, I downloaded an well known app: categories, and added all my jailboken stuff into one folder(blackra1n, cydia, installus etc. I off course managed to delite this folder and now I have no idea how to get the icons back. its still jailbroken, with the theme I was using before, I tryed to hold home and lock button for 20 sec, i tryed to use blackra1n one more time, but the icons will not come back..

Can someone help me ?

-totally iphone newbie

Last edited:

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Fix

Classic move.

Now the fix...I hope

Go to Settings - > General - > Reset - > Reset Home Screen Layout. Let me know if that works. Hard boots will not do anything (holding Home and power button for 20 seconds) That just does a hardware reset. The reason they wont came back is I believe you are restoring from your back up correct?

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Try reinstalling categories. Create folders the same as before. Look and see if those apps are in there if they are remove them then remove categories if you wish. But you are probably SOL.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Or, you can go into SBSettings, click on "More", and just "unhide" all of the icons that Categories had previosly hidden, respring, and voil?.....

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yup. :)

the only reason I knew about that was because the above problem happened to me. I didn't delete anything, but categories had a bad update that erased everything but didn't fix it, so I had to do it just like I described above. :)

Blastfurnace

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Yup. :)

the only reason I knew about that was because the above problem happened to me. I didn't delete anything, but categories had a bad update that erased everything but didn't fix it, so I had to do it just like I described above. :)

I know in the theme I use you actually have SBS settings INSIDE of a "catagories" folder. Then if catagories goes down you can't get to SBS settings correct?

Maybe SBSsettings should be kept out of catagories because if you can get to it then unhide works like a charm.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
SBSettings has no icon. You simply swipe your finger accross the top status bar (where it lists your signalstrength, carrier, time, & battery). A dropdown menu appears, and THATS SBSettings. No icons needed.

What theme are you using?

iphonenewbiee

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Try reinstalling categories. Create folders the same as before. Look and see if those apps are in there if they are remove them then remove categories if you wish. But you are probably SOL.

I cant reinstall categories, I've delited cyda and blackrain that was in the folder:/

iphonenewbiee

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Classic move.

Now the fix...I hope

Go to Settings - > General - > Reset - > Reset Home Screen Layout. Let me know if that works. Hard boots will not do anything (holding Home and power button for 20 seconds) That just does a hardware reset. The reason they wont came back is I believe you are restoring from your back up correct?

It didn't work:/ thx any way, g8full for more tips if you got any.

iphonenewbiee

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I know in the theme I use you actually have SBS settings INSIDE of a "catagories" folder. Then if catagories goes down you can't get to SBS settings correct?

Maybe SBSsettings should be kept out of catagories because if you can get to it then unhide works like a charm.

Thx it worked :D :D I thougt I was dommed :p

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, until you simply restore through iTunes, set up as a new phone, and get your warranty right back like nothing ever happened.

But that's a risk we're all willing to take. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods