Jailbreak iPhone 3GS with 3.1.3 OS

infohpreet

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently updated OS 3.1.3 in my iPhone 3GS. Is it possible to jailbreak this version of OS?

Is there any chance of making my iphone useless forever if I try to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS using sn0wbreeze 3.1.3-v1.3-iphones?

Please help me asap.

Thanks in advance.

/Harpreet

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
With 3.1.3 AS OF now one can not Jailbreak. If you already are Jailbroken, DO NOT upgrade or you will loose the ability to re-JB and loose all your Jb'n APP's.

JDNGuru

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can JB the 3.1.3. Use sn0wbreeze for windows to JB it. But only if your phone has been JB already previously before 3.1.3.

Meaning.. was it JB before you did the upgrade?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It depends on a few factors though. If it's the 3G with the NEW bootrom, it's recommended that you don't try it because it can FUBAR your iPhone.

Also, it depends on if the 3G was previously jailbroken, as a prior poster stated.

And also, if he wants to unlock, it may depend on his previous jailbreak. Meaning, if he used blackra1n, he'll most likely need blacksn0w. But if he used pwnagetool, then he will have a baseband from a prior OS, which most likely means ultrasn0w.

It's all about research. :)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yep. I'm apprehensive myself. I'm just waiting, frankly.

If you know anyone on a mac, ask them to use PwnageTool and create you a custom firmware and install it that way. Just tell them what you want regarding settings, i.e. if you need it hacktivated, which iPhone you have, etc.

That seems to be the best way for now.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Also, big, what problems have you heard of people having? And is this with the newest release that supports 3.1.3?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Also, big, what problems have you heard of people having? And is this with the newest release that supports 3.1.3?

MuscleNerd (iPhone-Dev member )sent out a tweet saying to avoid the latest sn0wbreeze update. I'll find the exact problem(s) people were having. I'm thinking I won't be updating OS's until 4.0.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well for me, that REALLY depends on what's updated in 3.2. The iPad is a game changer.

Now, every June/July, that update will be a MAJOR update for the iPhones, and now, every March/April will be the anniversary of the iPad, so THAT will be a major update as well.

So I'm curious to see what the x.2 updates will have in store from now on.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Well for me, that REALLY depends on what's updated in 3.2. The iPad is a game changer.

Now, every June/July, that update will be a MAJOR update for the iPhones, and now, every March/April will be the anniversary of the iPad, so THAT will be a major update as well.

So I'm curious to see what the x.2 updates will have in store from now on.

If Apple puts too much iPad stuff on the iPhone they cannibalize their own market, which they don't want to do. They will keep them different ( enough ) to get "fanboiz" to buy both ( no offense to those that will buy one and have an iPhone ).

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but the iPhone/iPod/iPad will all use the SAME OS, so that OS has to be amazing enough to keep all 3 devices ahead of the competition. Keep in mind, each device serves a different purpose, so that OS has to constantly be kickass.

infohpreet

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Just Unlocked my iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 with baseband 05.12.01

I have just unlocked my downgraded iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 with baseband 05.12.01 and now phone is working for every sim :)

infohpreet

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Now its very simple to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3GS with 05.12.01 baseband.
You can visit my blogging site to get the detailed procedure for jailbreak and unlock process.

Visit my website infohpreet dot com

Feel free to post comments.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2