Updated 3.1.3... any advice?

ohschnap

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
So heres the story, I stupidly updated to 3.1.3 without remembering being told NOT TO. I did not know about the shift click restore and choosing an old file etc... Now my carrier is T-Mobile so I don't think I am able to use my phone for anything since iTunes doesn't recognize my SIM card. So should I get a new phone and wait for 4.0 to come out and for someone to jb/unlock it? Or is there a way I can unlock it so I can still use my Iphone to call/txt.
Thanks.

P.S I only had to keep restoring my Iphone because when I installed winterboard and proswitcher it told me to reboot my iphone. So I rebooted it and when I start it up it made me reconnect to Itunes and made me restore it again. I still don't understand how this all works, if anyone could explain to me why this happens I will be content to know. (It would make me less pissed).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Basically you're stuck for now. You cannot use your iPhone at all unless you have an AT&T sim to activate it, and then you can only use it as a Touch.

ohschnap

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow that sucks, but tell me more about how to use it as a touch. Can I just use a friends AT&T sim to activate it, then take it out and use it a an iTouch?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
What iPhone model do you have? Did Cydia save your SHSH files? Were you previously jailbroken? Do you have a mac or pc?

Unknowing

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello All, I'm in the same boat except my phone is a 3G- I had a guy jail break my phone with blackrain ( I think) and then today I updated it to 3.1.3 -- so same problem as ohschnp-- I don't know what program or what the proceeder is OR even if it's possible?

Any help?

ohschnap

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how to check my model number, my Iphone screen shows the USB and iTunes screen and says slide for emergency calls, theres an info button with IMEI: (numbers) and ICCID: (numbers) I don't know what those mean. I have jailbroken it before myself using blackra1n and also unlocked it with sn0w and I've also downloaded cydia as well. I'm not sure if I have the SHSH file thing because I don't know how to use that, but I remember it asking me to do something when I first opened cydia. I also have a pc.