Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default Iphone 3gs on 3.1.3

has any one heard about a jailbreak yet??????
    iMore Expert

910 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

Check out big9erfan's post.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

As jailbraking is a total must for me, I decided to get my carrier to replace the phone, new one on way... my rationale... I am hoping i can restore new phone to 3.1.2...

Here's what happened: Definately no jailbreak for 3gs on 3.1.3 twitter.com / geohot

Had registered and jailbrokem 3gs running 3.1.2 = happy days!!!

Accidently upgraded whilst syncing on unfamiliar work machine...my bad iphone 3gs now running and acivated on 3.1.3 = unhappy days.

Tried the Cydia SHSH method of changing host entry and spoofing itunes into talking to cydia instead during signing but didn't back up signature in Cydia in the first place during the happy days, once again my bad.

There absolutely is no jailbreak for this situation. Confirmed by those that matter....Downgrading from old 3.1.2 ipsw backup in itunes "isn't eligable" as appl are no longer signing 3.1.2 installs

Solution from GeoHot probably not forthcoming due to iminent release of 4.0, his rationale... why waste a perfectly good 'code hole' for just a few months, fair enough i suppose. When he will probably need all his exploits for that

Anyone have a clue if this is possible??? perhaps the first time i unbrick i use and old version of itunes and an old 3.1.2 ipsw...will this work or does an intial unbrick force me to get the latest software from Apple?

Read more about modifications by modmyi.com
    iPhone Newbie

48 Posts

Wow, you're literally almost in the same situation as me. Made a thread about it already.
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default Thank god!!

Im glad im not the only one with this problem ive got people all over trying to JB my 3GS 3.1.3 but it does appear its not going to happen . . . . yet anyway i look forward to someone cracking it though!