Hello! I just Purchased a iPhone 3GS and I am have a few issues. Please Help!

Lucky13oz

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello All, Great forum! I just recently purchased a Used iPhone 3GS, it could possilbly be a 3G its model no. on the back of the device is A1303. So maybe that my first problem. I have done alot of looking around on the net and it says that it is an iPhone 3GS because model on the "about screen" says MC135LL.

Anyways the biggest problem I have is that I cant sync it to my computer because the guy I bought it from didnt remove all his data, it has a restrictions password and thats about it for what he left on the phone.

Anyways I have Jailbroken it and unlocked it so it will work T-mobile but cant sync it up, so where do I go from here?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you can put the phone into DFU mode to wipe it and start over. but if you do that it will likely load 3.1.3 onto it and you won't be able to jailbreak.

I would get the passcode

Lucky13oz

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have tried to get the passcode but the guy never answers his phone and I have sent him two e-mails. Might still be able to get it, but dont want to have to wait forever ya know?

Anyways I tried to to a Shift-Restore while DFU mode(I think) with a ipsw file I downloaded. It says that it is not compatable with my firmware or some crap like that. Any other ideas?

Oh, and can anyone tell me what model of iPhone this is for sure? He sold it to me as a 3GS but I am not sure.

Lucky13oz

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I sure as hell hope not, I must have said that wrong though, not really data just a password. I am able to use the phone just fine, everything works except that I cant sync like I said. So are there any thoughts?

Also, I doubt that it is stolen, as I bought it from him though KSL classifieds and picked it up from his house. Who would be stupid enough to do that?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The easiest way to tell a 3G from a 3GS is to look at the back. At the bottom where it tells the GB info, if it's bright silver like the Apple logo it's a 3GS. If it's a grayish color it's a 3G

Lucky13oz

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
OK, its a 3GS. It is bright silver at the bottom on the back and it has video. Sorry I am a noob with the iPhone. So any ideas on my issues?

Lucky13oz

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys, I got ahold of him and got the code. But it looks like I am going to have to restore it on my computer anyways so that it will let me sync my apps.

Thanks again.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
with the code it makes it much easier at least. good to hear you got it

for anyone reading this, don't forget your code or forget to disable it if you sell the phone. that wasn't a very smart seller from what it sounds like

Cnfdrtrebel

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you try guessing the password. Just joking. Have a friend with similar problem. He finally switched to AT&T service and they solved his probem. Good luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal