Untethered iPhone 3G Week 50

BROMERZ

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
OK so i have jsut managed to Jailbreak an 8gb iPhone 3G Week 50 (Orange) with Blackra1n and have it untethered. Now this is my friends 3G, i have a Week 42 32gb 3Gs (O2) and have previously jailbroken mine with Blackra1n only for it to remain Tethered.

Now please tell me if im wrong but i believe that all 3G/3Gs iphones after week 40 are incapable of an untethered Jailbreak at this moment in time (They are both 3.1.2)

Anyway this is how i accomplished this, my friend was having problems with his iphone so decided to reset it all and do a restore, this is when i suggested he jailbreak it as he had nothing to lose, so after doing a restore we went ahead and 'made it ra1n'. then after rebooting the iphone we plugged it into itunes and did a restore from the backup made before jailbreaking. Upon this second reboot itunes said that there was a carrier update available and after installing that we installed a few cydia apps and restarted the iphone, only for it to boot untethered.

Heres a video i took on my iphone showing that it is untethered and you can just about tell that it is infact a week 50, i cant post links due to my score so instead search for e07TfAEfxHw on youtube

Not sure if someone would like to provide some insight towards this or if this has been seen before

Cheers

BROMERZ

BROMERZ

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
OK so i have just tried this on my 3GS following the exact steps we used for my friends iphone of:
>RESET ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS
>CLOSING ITUNES WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING
>JAILBREAK
>OPEN ITUNES
>RESTORE FROM BACK UP

and i got nothing, still a tethered Jailbreak, the only difference between the two was that the orange iphone asked to install a carrier update, i believe that this carrier update causes something to disable the tethered nature, if there was anyway to force a carrier update we would be able to have untethered jailbreaks but seeing as it only asks for that on an orange phone i dont see anyway of working around this on O2 =(

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
It's only 3GS which is tethered. And no, you can not change it somehow to make untethered. The carrier update has nothing to do with jailbreak or unlock in that way.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2