Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Can I jailbrake iphone without a att service?

I just got out my contract with ATT, now my service with them is over and I signed another one with verizon and I would like to use my iphone on the new carrier. I watched some youtube videos but it seems that in order to download cydia you would need a service with att or a conection to the internet in order to download but since I cancelled my serivice I can not do this so I am asking ifthe iphone pick a wifi from a hotspot and the download it wihtout the data service from att?

Please your ideas

iMore Genius

3,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,789 Global Posts

Impossible to use on Verizon natively. The necessary chips inside a phone to make it work on Verizon or Sprint do not exist. Your only choice is AT&T or T-Mobile. Yes you can use Wi-Fi to get software to jailbreak your phone and use Cydia.
    iMore Elite

2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

As ghostface said, you cannot use the iPhone on version. Here in the states you can only use an iPhone on AT&T or TMobile due to hardware in the phone.