Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Default jailbroken iphone repair?

I dropped my iphone on its back and now it wont turn on at all, i called apple and they said that it could be something internally and i can take it to the apple store and get it checked and if needed replaced. my questions is my phone was jailbroken so if they somehow do manage to fix my original iphoneand check it what would happen if they see that its jailbroken? could i be denied a fix?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

And DFU-Mode doesn't work?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

no its not responsive at all to anything even when i plug it into a wall charger or my computer.
    iPhone Beginner

Sounds like you have nothing to lose by trying the Apple Store.
    iPhone Beginner

nothing to lose but they will probz decline you
    iPhone Nanite

Default Apple will not honor any warranty on Jailbroken iPhone

You do not have any choice, but to try the iPhone Repair shops. I have used Cupertino iPhone Repair in the past for my cracked Screen on my iPhone 3G. It came looking like brand new. They guarantee their work for 1 year.

There are lot of other repair shops on the web, just google iPhone Repair. I researched a lot, but did not find anyone offering Genuine Apple Parts, except Cupertino iPhone Repair.

You can send in your jailbroken iPhone, they do not charge anything for diagnostics. It is free. May be you are looking at shipping charges of ~$12 each way. $25 is not a big amount to see if it can be fixed.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GDong View Post
    You do not have any choice, but to try the iPhone Repair shops. I have used Cupertino iPhone Repair in the past for my cracked Screen on my iPhone 3G. It came looking like brand new. They guarantee their work for 1 year.

There are lot of other repair shops on the web, just google iPhone Repair. I researched a lot, but did not find anyone offering Genuine Apple Parts, except Cupertino iPhone Repair.

You can send in your jailbroken iPhone, they do not charge anything for diagnostics. It is free. May be you are looking at shipping charges of ~$12 each way. $25 is not a big amount to see if it can be fixed.

Agree totally. We have a local repair shop here in Atlanta and I would go to them before going to Apple bc of the JB.
    iPhone Nanite

same thing happened with me and i got good services from fixpod at fixpod.com.au
    iPhone Nanite

Dallas iPhone Repair is owned and operated by Rescue Cell Phone.so dont worry ....

iphone 4 screen repair dallas