backing this mother up

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3GS 3.1.2 and I'm about to install blackrain. I'm writing because I really need to learn how to find the archive files that itunes makes for my contacts and calendar, so that if blackrain ends up taking a crap on my phone I can recreate my phone again using these saved files.

So, how exactly do I go about finding and saving the files I need to get my phone going again if armagedeon were to strike? Maybe there's a good tutorial on it?

Thanks all

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Well.. I'm pretty that if you've search a bit, you will find your answer. But you can sync with Outlook or Windows Address Book. You dont need to get files, you just sync..

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
update

The information I have says that in Windows XP, which is what I have, that iPhone backup is stored in...

\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

But, when I try to get there I find that under AppleComputer the only directories are Installer Cache, iTunes, and QuickTime.

Any advice? Please help!

LozBlanko

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreaking won't affect any of your phone's data. The sync process just carries on like before. You don't need to worry!

rstu277

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Cold Weather,poll Mood!

The bad weather, the cold, the white.Today's weather is becoming worse and worse.People really begin digging in. Just hope the future will be better,Really worried about our kids!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking won't affect any of your phone's data. The sync process just carries on like before. You don't need to worry!

not necessarily true. i was doing rejailbreaking my phone for 3.1.2 a while ago and something happened and i lost everything and had to start all over. luckily i have a mac and i had all my contacts in my address book on my mac!

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
That's basically what I want to do...to be able to sync my phone to computer, and the be able to pull up my contacts in say Outlook. From something I read a while ago this is supposed to be the case. Anybody help me figure out how to pull up my iTunes stored contacts in any of the Windows db programs independent of my phone?

Big thanks

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
i just entered all my contacts into address book on my mac. just open up outlook or w/e you use on windows and put the contacts in manually...unless you have hundreds of contacts.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The bad weather, the cold, the white.Today's weather is becoming worse and worse.People really begin digging in. Just hope the future will be better,Really worried about our kids!

Where'd this come from?
Disproves the Al Gore THEORY... Global Warming...
Where are the kids? This storm has been talked about for days bfore it HIT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2