jailbroken but now need to take phone to Apple for replacement

ChrisxJacobsen

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
what do i need to do to keep all my apps and contacts and still take it back to Apple and let them replace it (dead pixel) with no questions asked?

thanks...

Chris

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Sync to iTunes, then restore as new. Take it to Apple looking like a brand new phone with nothing on it.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
or if you have rock installed and youi sign in then it will save your package settings to their server and when you re-log on with a newly JB iPhone it should see you dont have the same apps and ask you to d/l them again...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
dead pixels? how many? they may not replace it if it's only a couple

I had a dead pixel right under the clock on my iPhone. Took it to the genius bar and they said its covered under warranty due to the screen being so small. They replaced my screen and I was all good to go. That happened back in Aug and no issues since

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
i would suggest finding someone to replace the screen give that a shot before u return it to apple that would be my last resort

sivarter

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
or if you have rock installed and youi sign in then it will save your package settings to their server and when you re-log on with a newly JB iPhone it should see you dont have the same apps and ask you to d/l them again...

do that then sync - restore to new and take to apple...whats the worst they can say no....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2