Jailbreak and iPhone speaker dock help!

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Let me start off by saying that I have a JB 3GS on 3.1.2 and I absolutely love it although yesterday I ran into a bit of a problem.

I rec'd an Altec Lansing In Motion 620 portable speaker dock with a built-in rechargable battery. I have been usuing it plugged in since christmas and have had no issues. Last night I decided to take it into a different room and test out the built -in battery on the dock. The dock started to power off after every song and I initially thought it was a defective battery inside of the dock. I read online that the dock actually has a 3-4 minute auto shut-off feature that shuts down the dock if it doesn't detect any music being played. The problem is i WAS playing music from my library and it still shut down. I then tried my gf's nano and it worked flawlessly and the unit never shut down.

My question is, is my phone being JB preventing the speaker dock from detecting any music being played? The music does come out of the speakers on the dock for about a song and shuts down. I don't have a non-JB iphone or know anyone that has a non -JB phone to test it out, but since the dock worked fine on a nano leads me to believe its the JB that is causing this issue.

Has anyone heard of this before??

Sorry for the long post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2