The iPod icon disappeared!

keepitgreen

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
After playing around with some themes and such on winterboard, i decided to install Categories and give it a go... I found it wasn't exactly what i wanted either, so i turned it off, and when i went back to glass orb color (cool theme btw), i found that the ipod icon had gone awol!

After doing a bit of searching, i found that the icon had turned into a black question mark... I've also found that I'm not the only one this has happened to, although no one seems to know what to do about it... I tried resetting home screen layout in settings, and I tried re-installing different themese... seems like the icon is gone!

Any help would be appreciated in getting the icon back!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Remove the jailbreak app that you are using that messed it up to begin with. Then reset your phone. Hopefully that works for you.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I think your theme was not installed properly. Was that theme a registered one? Some themes which are provided by other networks, usually does not support all models. To bring back your ipod icon, you can re-install your operating system from an apple service center. I am sure they will help you to get a better solution. Good luck!

keepitgreen

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys! I tried removing the app (categories), but that didn't work, still no luck with the icon. I know quite a few other people have posted online with the same problem, but no solution yet. I'm thinking that categories actually deleted the icon, and so i'm going to have to SSH and replace the .png file manually... any suggestions?

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
If you removed categories with that app in there, it's gone. They give u warnings about that when you first used it. You can try reinstalling it, set it up as you did before. Then look for that icon in there, if it is remove it as with all icons that may be in there. Then u can uninstall categories. If that don't work you will have to restore.

keepitgreen

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Ya, I must have erased it when I deleted the Categories app... I really need to learn to pay attention to those warnings! :p

Anyway, did a full restore, re-sync, re-JB last night, and all good!

Thanks for the help guys!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
see...alot of ppl make that mistake so its all good, glad u got it up and running again...its a common mistake with that app :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711