Is a blackra1n update coming soon?

keepitgreen

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, my first post on these forums...

I just got a 32gb 3GS, and I'm all ready to jailbreak it, but I'm very reluctant to use blackra1n because of the tethered jailbreak.

My question is this: Does anyone know if an updated version is coming soon that will solve this tethered jailbreak problem, or should I just bite the bullet and make it rain?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely not. Geohot (the creator of blackra1n) is REFUSING to fix the "tethering issue", because according to his Twitter, he is sick and tired of the jailbreakers feeling entitled to all of these hacks, as if it's owed to them or something. He's gone on and on (and on and on an on and on) about how he has no plans to fix tethering any time soon. It may not even be until AFTER 4.0 is released, supposedly.

Sorry for the bad news.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
He also said he's not going to do another blackra1n becausecits to easy for people. His next one will be more complicated he stated.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I DO see his point about the sense of entitlement though.

This board is filled with whiney *****es who complain about the tethered jailbreak because apparently, Geohot 'owes' us all something.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Without a doubt, me also. It just stinks for those of us that have donated and do just appreciate just having the jb. As the saying goes, a few can ruin it for the rest.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I see geohots point to a degree, but he turns into a whiny brat as well on Twitter. I've been reluctant to jailbreak anyway, but his attitude doesn't help. If he doesn't want to hear all the complaints, change Twitter accts or something. Or heck just start charging for the hack, im sure people would pay for it gladly.

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I see geohots point to a degree, but he turns into a whiny brat as well on Twitter. I've been reluctant to jailbreak anyway, but his attitude doesn't help. If he doesn't want to hear all the complaints, change Twitter accts or something. Or heck just start charging for the hack, im sure people would pay for it gladly.

I think he's doing it to make a point.. I can agree with him as well... I would hate to hear hundred of complaints about something that is free and works very well.

keepitgreen

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Now that is a solid disappointment... Well, here's hoping he either changes his mind and puts out an update, or someone else comes along and helps out... I don't really care if it's a complicated process or not; just so long as it gets the job done! This tethered jailbreak is not a pleasant feeling, especially when i go on vacation and am away from my computer for a week+...

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
It must be annoying for him. If you've had to have a tethered jailbreak...can't you just live with it?

I've jailbroken my phone and am happy with my tethered jailbreak, however once orange allow me unlock my iphone officially I will probably restore my 3Gs and use my vodafone sim legally (LOL).

amac64

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Oh please, if you want the praise for making an outstanding software product, which blackra1n is, you have to be man enough to take the complaining/problems that your users have...grow up... either work on fixing them or don't but quit whining...

piaband

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Blackrain is a whiny biotch himself. Go cry about a few complaints you baby. I bet he's some 15 year old nerd who has nothing better to do than sit around and nerdify his iphone.

Good job Blackrain. Now its not just the complainers that hate you---its everyone.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Subnaiyo, it's nice to see that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about! Blackra1n is the program used to jailbreak. GeoHot or George Hotz is the guy who made Blackra1n. But one thing is kinda true. AFAIK George is about 17 years old.

PigSnack

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Techno Bully

Hey GeoHot,

If you keep Blackra1n easy to use I'll take you to a cool kids party.

He's a young adult and learning about the diminishing rewards of adoration that most adults understand very well. Just needs to tap into another form of satisfaction. Money works for me.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Oh please, if you want the praise for making an outstanding software product, which blackra1n is, you have to be man enough to take the complaining/problems that your users have...grow up... either work on fixing them or don't but quit whining...

Blackrain is a whiny biotch himself. Go cry about a few complaints you baby. I bet he's some 15 year old nerd who has nothing better to do than sit around and nerdify his iphone.

Good job Blackrain. Now its not just the complainers that hate you---its everyone.

Subnaiyo, it's nice to see that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about! Blackra1n is the program used to jailbreak. GeoHot or George Hotz is the guy who made Blackra1n. But one thing is kinda true. AFAIK George is about 17 years old.

Hey GeoHot,

If you keep Blackra1n easy to use I'll take you to a cool kids party.

He's a young adult and learning about the diminishing rewards of adoration that most adults understand very well. Just needs to tap into another form of satisfaction. Money works for me.

Stop complaining like little girls and live with the tethered JB, its not that serious! Appreciate what u got, or next time u will have Nothing!

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Dude, i'm not even complaining! Just want people to get there facts right, before they comment on things.. I think blackra1n is the best thing that has happened to the jailbreak-community. GeoHot is an amazing developer.

HCWHunter

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
What's the big deal with tethered jailbreak?

It works! Simple as that. I just don't see why folks are concerned about it. You have to tether to sync and update the OS on occasion, so why the prob with tethering to jailbreak?:confused:

HW

hammer4203#IM

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
You people know that you can get the software to change the bootloader straight from Apple's site don't you? You can unlock it without jailbreaking it! I forget people want things just handed to them these days. Let Geohot #itch! Hey he gave to those that couldn't do it. I say he should fix the tether and charge for it!! I got to hand it to him for being one of the kids that's not gonna be stupid getting out of school! He fits the profile of a tech if he's #itching.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hammer, what the hell are you talking about regarding changing the bootloaders?

This hadn't been spoken of on this forum (or others for that matter) to my knowledge. Do you have any proof of these claims?

Any links you could give us? I'm sorry, but in this case I'm trusting my skeptiscism.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711