Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

62 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default How to reset iPhone root password? Other OpenSSH questions

I remember changing my root password when I jailbroke before because of the issue about iPhone hacking etc... but since restored my iPhone. I thought this would make the password alpine again but upon jailbreaking I've installed Rock and this installed OpenSSL. I thought this had something to do with OpenSSH and thought I was at risk...

I then installed MobileTerminal, went to change the root password as you do... su root and all that but it says the 'alpine' password is wrong so I'm guessing it's still set as the one I did before? I can't remember that (should have remembered) so I'm wondering whether there is a way to reset the password so I can change it to something different...

I don't use OpenSSH/OpenSSL or Rock so if I have removed all 3 including the OpenSSH and MobileTerminal, I shouldn't be at risk at all right? Just making sure...

I finally got my jailbreak working after 3 attempts (touch wood) and it now restarts fine. I wonder what it was playing it! I missed my backgrounder, proswitcher and sbsettings