Iphone 3gs will not turn on, cannot restore!!

berlinjeremy

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Iphone stuck and will not turn on, cant even restore it in Itunes!!
I was trying to jailbreak my Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 with Pwnage tool and got to the part when I restore using custom restore and it will not restore. When I try to, itunes comes up with the error "the iphone could not be restored, an unknown error occurred 1600". Now I cannot even do a regular restore of update and restore. It comes up with error "the iphone cannot be restored at this time because the "iphone update server could not be contacted or is temporary unavailable."
The iphone screen is black and cannot do anything at all. frozen stuck
PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

ttforcefed

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
i got tired of trying with the 3gs. Ive been searching the archives for the better part of the day. I was able to break the 3gs but then as soon as i tried to synch with itunes it wld only allow me to restore. I got tired of trying to figure out if there is a workaround but from i understand the 3gs has a tethered element that is an extra layer of security (hassle).

i went an got a 3g, broke it, hooked it up to itunes, and its working smoothly.

prob not the answer u want to hear, but thats what i did.

iSunday

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I know that there is a special course of action to be taken when you use blackra1n on the 3gs... I would advise trying to take those steps. I have a 3g myself, so I apologize for not being of better assistance.

Good luck.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
HOW TO FIX 16xx ERRORS WHILE RESTORING

Once you get the error DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE OR CLOSE ITUNES.

1). You get the error. (in this case, 1601)
2). DON'T TURN OFF ITUNES. DON'T DISCONNECT IPHONE.
3). If the iPhone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If it's off or unresponsive, then you'll need to kick it out of DFU mode next.
4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
5). iTunes will finally detect it again.
6). Now try to simply restore it - click on the "Restore" button on iTunes, and voil?. It SHOULD work if everything went correctly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2