Backgrounder & ProSwitcher

Renkman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I need some help...

I jb my iPhone 3GS with blackra1n--no problems. Loaded Cydia and downloaded Backgounder & ProSwitcher. I can't get Backgrounder to launch. Also, ProSwitcher does not show up in my settings, so I can't choose a way to launch it either. Any ideas?

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I need some help...

I jb my iPhone 3GS with blackra1n--no problems. Loaded Cydia and downloaded Backgounder & ProSwitcher. I can't get Backgrounder to launch. Also, ProSwitcher does not show up in my settings, so I can't choose a way to launch it either. Any ideas?

Reset your phone

What happens when you push the Backgrounder icon?

Renkman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
Won't resetting my phone break the blackra1n jb? I thought it was a tethered jb that you have to redo everytime you turn your phone off and on.

Backrounder launches, gives me options--Global, Control, App-Specific, and Documentation. Setting the launch to Home Button doesn't work--eventually launches Voice control. Power button set to launch never launches either--eventually brings up power down options.

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Won't resetting my phone break the blackra1n jb? I thought it was a tethered jb that you have to redo everytime you turn your phone off and on.

Backrounder launches, gives me options--Global, Control, App-Specific, and Documentation. Setting the launch to Home Button doesn't work--eventually launches Voice control. Power button set to launch never launches either--eventually brings up power down options.

Sorry, I've never done a tethered jailbreak, but I don't think it deletes anything... just have to have your computer hooked up to your phone and rain it again

Do you have a program open when you are using your backgrounder activation control? You need to set which program you're backgrounding... maybe you aren't trying to background any program and just doing it on the spring board?

I doubt resetting your phone if you need a tether jailbreak would delete anything, and there'd be no way to install any apps that require a reset after they're installed... so I don't see how that would be the case.

Last edited:

Renkman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I've tried launching with and without a program open, and it never launches--just eventually goes to the Voice Control feature.

Renkman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
@drian
Thanks for the heads-up, I simply had to do a hard restart, and everything is fine now, plus I didn't even have to make it rain again.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
i had to get rid of pro switcher after having it for a while now. when i went into cydia it had an update for LibActivator (i believe thats the right name haha) and i updated it and it wouldnt allow any of my themes to run anymore. so i uninstalled pro switcher and all is fine now. oh well i never really used it much anyways.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2