stuck in recovery mode, help immediatly

vels_11

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
hey guys im in a desperate need of help..
i got a new computer so i decided to add songs from that one to my iphone. i dont remmeber what happened but obviously something happened that made me restore my iphone.. i think because some message popped up saying i couldnt because i would have to restore my iphone to do so.
my iphone is jailbroken using blackrain. it has been for acouple months now, i had no problems.
i decided to restore it, everything went fine, then i jailbroke it. the jailbreak didn't go right so i restored it once more.. only this time its now stuck in recovery mode. whenever i plug it in some message asking me if i want to restore it to factory settings.. so i do.. it does its thing, a white screen will pop up, and do nothing. then a message will pop up saying, 'the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. an unknown error occured (1601).'
ive tried this how many times. it wont. i read somewhere if its plugged in hold the top and home button. then just hold the home button.. i did the screen went black.. it never did anything. oh and the first time this all happened, i had a screen that came on and never went off for the longest time, it had an itunes logo and a cord with an arrow pointing to the logo..
can you please help me? is there anything i can do? trust me, i need desperate help. since its in recovery mode, if i had to send it to apple, would they accept it?
ps. i still have my other computer, its xp, this one is windows 7. do you think it has something to do with different windows? should i just try and restore it on the other computer, will it work? and only work on that one?
thanks alot guys... :confused::)

its a 3gs.

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The 1600 errors usually mean that you don't have the current version of iTunes or that you didn't download the ipsw correctly from iTunes.

Try upgrading your iTunes and then re-downloading the upgrade.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
HOW TO FIX 16xx ERRORS WHILE RESTORING

Once you get the error DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE OR CLOSE ITUNES.

1). You get the error. (in this case, 1601)
2). DON'T TURN OFF ITUNES. DON'T DISCONNECT IPHONE.
3). If the iPhone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If it's off or unresponsive, then you'll need to kick it out of DFU mode next.
4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
5). iTunes will finally detect it again.
6). Now try to simply restore it - click on the "Restore" button on iTunes, and voil?. It SHOULD work if everything went correctly.

vels_11

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
you said i might have the wrong itunes? i just downloaded the new one 64-bit? is that still wrong? what if the iphone doesn't get out of dfu mode?
i tried holding the buttons down, it never responded.
is there anything else i can possibly do?

ElfMinion

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
try holding the home button for two to three seconds, then plugging the sync cable into the bottom of the phone WHILE STILL HOLDING THE HOME BUTTON. if that doesnt work, a white screen usually means some kind of internal failure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods