Installed rock, should I change root password

shopgirl77

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I have searched on this topic, see different questions, some did not answer. Appologies in case I am repeating this.

I learned to download black rain and installed Rock, thenI install MyWI which is awesome. I learned through reading I need to change the root password, at the same time I read an artical that if I only download Rock I won't need to change me root password. I understand Cydia installs SSH while Rock don't (I could be wrong, please correct me). I am not very savvy on codes, I rather not get into install OpenSSH, I just afraid I'll mess it up. Again, the questions is if I only installed Rock and only Mywi, do I still need to change the root password?

Thanks in advance

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes, if you have it jailbroken, you might want to consider it. Everyone, even people in Somalia, know the root passwords on a jailbroken iPhone by now. You have to install the mobile terminal app from cydia, as the one from Rock just doesn't work at all for some reason.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Well.. Only if you in fact have installed OpenSSH. If you haven't installed OpenSSH there isn't any root password to change..

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well.. Only if you in fact have installed OpenSSH. If you haven't installed OpenSSH there isn't any root password to change..

There still is a root password. If you install OpenSSH, just make sure it's off all the time unless you need it.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Then how come the virus, floating around, only gets into jailbroken with OpenSSH installed. Or am I just missing something?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2