Blackra1n rebooting problems

smithason

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I've have just installed blackra1n RC3 on my iPhone 3GS (version 3.1.2) using a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.2.
The install worked fine, I then proceded to download Cydia and Rock which also worked fine.
I then downloaded Winterboard though Cydia and installed that, however after installing Winterboard the app prompted me to do a reboot, I clicked 'reboot', the iPhone restarted with the apple logo in the center of the screen.
However after that the 'connect iPhone to iTunes' USB logo appeared in the screen.
I plugged the iPhone into my mac, opened iTunes and it said that my iPhone is in recovery and will need to be restored. I didn't restore it, but instead exited itunes and opened the blackra1n app, and clicked 'make it rain'. My iPhone rebooted successfully and works but it still has the same rebooting issues.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It is really annoying to have to plug my iPhone in to the mac and run blackra1n every time it reboots.

Thanks,
Jason

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G, that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

Let me know how that goes.

smithason

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
cheers

Thanks for the reply buddy,
I might have to get myself a battery case.
Like you mentioned about 're-jailbreaking', thats what I've been having to do, its pretty tedious..
Hopefully an update for blackra1n will come out to get around the hardware update.

Regards

cseshan

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with my iphone 3gs and feel its better to have a non-jailbroken phone rather than live with this this problem

Is there anyway to get my iphone 3gs back to where it was before the jailbreak please..

Will really appereciate a solution to this

Thanks,
Cartik

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You'll have to restore.

If you don't need an unlocked device, upgrade to 3.1.3, and then jailbreak with Spirit, and it will not be tethered.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine when I was on 3.1.2. Why don't you try restoring your phone to stock. I used spirit after I had to update to 3.1.3 after i was forced. you wont get rock but it's still jailbroken, and at least it wont be a tethered jailbreak.

Just something to consider fella if you don't fancy being stuck with the tether. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711