JB, unlock, baseband, confused..help

stevoruni

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my iphone 3G in Singapore last year,it came unlocked out of the box.

I am contemplating JB my phone but after reading threads after threads, I become more confused.

Since I am Windows user, I should use blackra1n to JB my phone. I currently have iTunes 9 and 3.1.2 firmware on the phone.

I know JB using blackra1n is fast and easy but somewhere I read about the baseband. Does that mean, if I JB my phone using blackra1n, I have to figure out another way to unlock my phone afterwards, which allows me to use different carriers' SIM cards since I travel often between Asia and America?

Is there a method that will let me JB my phone and retain my baseband?

thanks a bunch

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If you're already jailbroken on 3.1.2, AND unlocked... there's actually nothing to upgrade TO. You're already there.... so I'm not exactly sure what you're asking....

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
And to clarify, jailbreaking doesn't modify the baseband at all. Upgrading your operating system is what does that. So if you're using a 3G which is 'factory' unlocked, the only thing you'd need to do is jailbreak with blackra1n. It should be completely safe. ESPECIALLY if you're HARDWARE unlocked, which it seems that you are.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR