mywi app dries up battery

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Are you turning MyWi off? I don't have any problems. Also, after turning MyWi off, make sure you turn off WiFi. Turning MyWi off does not turn WiFi off.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it uses up A LOT of battery power when in use. And from what it sounds like, there may be a problem with your iPhone actually disabling MyWi upon exit. NEVER EVER just press the home button to close the program and forget about it.

iamldash

Sep 9, 2009
www.twitter.com
Speakig of mywi...what's a legit amount of tethering per month in order to not cause some crazy ordeal with AT&T? Besides not using it at all...

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I use on average between 3.5/4.0GB per month for tethering. Haven't had any issues.

As long as you can reasonably argue that you're an avid YouTube addict...

stratus41298

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Well as far as i'm concerned, I paid for an unlimited data plan and signed a contract that said that so they can kiss my butt. I'll use it all I want. Not that I use it a ton, but i'm not gonna let anyone tell me how to use my phone.

Anyways, Install the backgrounder application and you'll see if the program is still running afterwards. You don't have to use the application, but you can set it to see what's running. If you install SBSettings, i'm sure there will be a toggle to turn off the actual connection. I know there is with PDAnet. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2