Purchasing Cydia apps

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I was about to purchase something through Cydia, and have no problem with my purchases being tied to my Google login, but I'm not so comfortable with having to click on an Allow button that says Cydia is asking for info about my Google Friends and Updates. If I say No Thanks, I can't proceed. Is the only way to purchase stuff by giving up my friends?? :confused:

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
1) They don't sell or use that info, it's just something they request. 2) It's just Google? They don't get into your Gmail contacts...

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
That's why I sign in with facebook. They don't ask for anything, check log in and then i put my stuff for Paypal and pay and install.

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, but I'm still wary :( because on both the Google and Facebook options, they specifically mention access to your friends. At the very least the door is left open about communicating with them, otherwise why request access at all?

When I do end up purchasing something, I'll probably do it through the Facebook option then check up on the Facebook app's settings.

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, but I'm still wary :( because on both the Google and Facebook options, they specifically mention access to your friends. At the very least the door is left open about communicating with them, otherwise why request access at all?

When I do end up purchasing something, I'll probably do it through the Facebook option then check up on the Facebook app's settings.

what is saurik going to do with YOUR friends??? lol...I use the google option, and i sync both facebook and gmail contacts and calendars.. and ive bought apps out the whazoo.. and none of my friends have complained thus far..

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
or if your really super paranoid, make another facebook account with a w/e email and just use that..no info in the new facebook account you made other than your name of the account, so there's no risking involve (not that there was any privacy risk to begin in the first place). Sign in with that facebook, paypal via paypal or amazon (you choose) and voila! Install option appears...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR