What the fook? The iPhone and the... XBOX?!?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Okay. Quick scenario.*

I recently disconnected my cable Internet service because I am waiting for my fios to get here. It's taking a little but longer than it should, so I'm screwed for now. *

So, I'm cut off.*

I also happen to be a Call of Duty FREAK. It's been a while since I played, and I was really getting the itch, big time. In the worst way.*

So, what to do?

Then, I got hit with one of those "Real Men of Genius" moments.*

My XBOX 360 has a wireless network adapter... and, I have "MyWi" on my phone, so... Gee, maybe I can use my 3G cell signal to broadcast a Wi?Fi hotspot for my XBOX 360 to connect to! Let's try it?

So I did. And it WORKED! Christ, color me surprised! But surely, it couldn't be a GOOD connection you say.*

Well... Wrong! I'm in NYC, one of the worst areas for AT&T service on the iPhone. And my XBOX Live signal never dropped below 3 out of 5 bars.*

PLUS, the XBOX didn't kill me in data either!

I spent 5 hours playing on my 3G signal, and I downloaded a total of 31.72MB, and uploaded a total of 27.93mb. Holy crap, that's less than watching YouTube!

I just wanted to let everyone know about this in case you find yourself in a similar situation to the one I was in.*

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
holy sh*t that was a real men of genius move. I'm shocked you were able to play without lag. Even in ground war matches?

I'm a big mw2 head too and have actually have connection issues with my dsl lately. I might try this (on ps3) but can't imagine the game not lagging!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
SURPRISINGLY ENOUGH - there was MINIMAL lag. I think there was ONE TIME in 5 hours where I was the host, and it had to stop the ame and migrate it to a different host because my connection wasn't strong enough for everyone else to leech off of.

But DAMN I was surprised.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
And I played Hardcore Team Deathmatch, Hardcore Ricochet: Search & Destroy and Pro Headquarters Ricochet. Once again, minimal lag, and I'm in NYC. *chuckle*

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, I happened to have the Xbox 360 wireless network adapter which is basically a USB Wi?Fi modem.

I turned on "MyWi" on my iPhone. Then, I turned on the Xbox. Went into the Xbox Live Dashboard, and clicked on the "System" tab. In that tab, it will have a "Network" section. Use that section to tell your Xbox to connect to the MyWi network your iPhone is sending out.

Voil?. Connect and play your games. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner