Brand new iPhone questions

hongman

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi all

I will be receiving a brand new iPhone 3GS in about 2 weeks time (Vodafone) and I want to jailbreak it.

Having read stuff online, I have some questions/clarifications if you guys wouldnt mind. A lot of the guides are conflicting and confusing.

Apparently becuase its new, it will have to be a tethered jailbreak. I know what this means but Id like to get some opinions on this...One of the bad points of the iphone I have heard about time and time again is battery life lasting a mere day. Is it much hassle to re-jailbreak it?

What happens if I am not near my PC when I get power back to the iphone? What will work and what wont?

What are the common problems with the 3GS jailbreak? I have read about push email, wifi, itunes etc - breaking in some scenario or another.

Finally, I know I'll probably try it regardless (I can always revert, right? :p) - which guide should I follow?

Thanks in advance

H

hongman

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Am I right in saying I wont be able to use any non-apple store apps until I rejailbreak if my phone happens to turn off?

Are these problems actual bugs to jailbreaking (as in, if I jailbreak it'll 100% kill something) or is it only some people that have issues?

hongman

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Wait a sec:

Note: For those of you who are planning on jailbreaking your new iPhone 3GS with the updated bootrom, you should be aware that BlackRa1n supports only a tethered jailbreak. This simply means if you have to reset your phone or your battery runs out on you, you will need to connect your device to your computer and run BlackRa1n to be able to boot your iPhone.

So I cant even turn my phone on if it runs out of battery unless I have it connected to a PC with blackra1n??

hongman

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Uh, wow that sucks. I thought I could at least use the phone for the native functions if it turned off.

I'll probably still jb it but that is a huge drawback :/

Thank you.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Uh, wow that sucks. I thought I could at least use the phone for the native functions if it turned off.

I'll probably still jb it but that is a huge drawback :/

Thank you.

Yea, And when you get your iPhone if iTunes asks you to update do not unless you are 100% sure that firmware/os can be unlock/jailbroken.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner