Battery Usage after Jailbreak

tcody01

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I searched the forum and couldn't find anything on Battery and usage after jailbreak. I'm sure I'm probably just not putting in the right search terms. In any case, I jailbroke my 3Gs this past weekend from my MacBook Pro. I installed Cydia and ended up installing Rock when I installed a Theme that wanted it installed. I seem to like the interface in Rock better, but in any case, I have noticed that my battery doesn't seem to last as long since I jailbroke the phone. Is this usual? I have Winterboard, Cydia, Rock, SBSSettings, Backgrounder, LockInfo, Proswitcher, WeatherIco, etc. I'm running the G.O.C Pro theme, along with a bunch of other apps Installed, but those are the ones that seem to run actively. So should I be burning more battery?

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
The more that is used the more your battery will be used. Try more search words I do remember in the past discussions in this forum about battery. I have quite a bit installed and use the net ALOT and I can get most of the day use out of the battery. By 8pm I usually need to recharge.

tcody01

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I normally would get a day or so out of the phone before jailbreak. If I had a lot of calls and emails that day and didn't charge during the day at all, I'd be looking for juice around dinner time. I have a Juice Pack and I have charging stations at all of my desks and in the car, so it's not a big deal overall. I figured running backgrounder would probably hurt a bit and i also have Google Voice Installed so I'm sure that doesn't help either.

Thanks again for the reply.

Greenchunks

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that having the weather enabled on LockInfo caused my battery to drain quite fast (I had the update interval set to 15 mins). Upon removing the weather portion from my lockscreen the battery life increased quite a bit. Has anyone else noticed a similar thing?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner