Cannot delete a specific (carrier) bookmark

globalist

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
My carrier is Orange Slovakia and there is a Orange.sk bookmark in my mobile Safari which I cannot delete. Each time I delete it and reopen Safari it's back... any ideas?

I'm Jailbroken and I even went to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Orange_sk.bundle/ where I deleted the bookmark key from carrier.plist to no avail... WTF? I mean where is it coming from?

Thanks!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my contacts. I was unable to delete or add any contacts. I could go through the process of adding or deleting a contact but when I reopened my address book, no changes. I even deleted the address book manually and that still didn't work.

I ended up restoring as a new phone and then re-jailbreaking. That fixed my problem.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well OK, but really is my carrier the only one to force its ****ty bookmark on the iphone without a way to remove it? LOL?

you're jailbroken and want to remove it using ssh or some other method you can only do while jailbroken. that's a jailbroken topic and you might post the question there

globalist

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I want to remove it in any way possible which surely includes deleting it from the list of bookmarks in mobile Safari, i.e. as if I weren't jailbroken. This method apparently doesn't work so it's legitimate to ask why. But if a mod feels this should be in a jailbroken topic then please move the thread.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It's likely set by the carrier to not be deleted. Carriers all over like to add their own little branding to phones when they can and they make it as difficult as possible to try to remove them.

globalist

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Well since I'm jailbroken I think it's just a matter of finding the correct file/config in the filesystem and deleting it. But I don't even know where to begin looking for it. :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods